Friday, August 3, 2012

Olympics!

I think I need to reduce my participation in the Olympics.  Yesterday morning I woke to a very severe calf cramp.  When I got up a little later it was extremely sore.  What I have noticed is that when I am watching the various Olympic events, I tense, lean, hold my breath, jump and all sorts of other contortions to assist the athlete accomplish their goal.  I am usually exhausted each evening by the time I finish these events.  I can't even imagine how intense it must feel for the athletes parents and friends.  It is difficult enough just for me and I don't know any of them personally.  I do enjoy watching all of them and how they have perfected what they do.  It is truly amazing.  Yea to all the athletes!


Thanks to those bringing me fresh veggies.  I am enjoying fresh grown sprouts, cucumbers, zucchini and sweet peppers.  Steaming them with a little dill (my favorite seasoning for the moment) and a little sprinkle of Parmesan cheese is very tasty.  Yummm!










The tinkling of glass together is high pitched and lovely.  The blue glass reminds me of ocean waves and the angels, well, they are angels.  This was a gift from my long time friend.








I plan on taking several wind chimes along for the ride.  I suspect I will probably need to take them down while I am actually driving, since I am sure the various sounds they make may be a bit distracting.  








All of the chimes I am taking with me will be indoor chimes only.  I doubt they would survive outside very will since two of them are made of glass and the other one is made with shells.  I really enjoy the different music each of them makes.


Lately, I have been unable to listen to music while driving.  It seems too much of a disturbance.  I used to always have music on in the car.  I remember driving through Montana and Wyoming listening to Michael Jackson's sound track from "Free Willy."  It was so moving.  Curious how things are always changing.


"Joy is a net of love by which you catch souls."   -   Mother Teresa


Enjoy your performance!



No comments:

Post a Comment