Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lizards

That sweet, cute, adorable cat, pictured recently, has done a number on one of the many lizards in the yard.  I found some partially chewed remains in the grass yesterday morning.  Rather gross, actually.  Definitely no picture taking for this.  The good news is the cat did not eat the whole critter because when he has done so in the past, it really makes him look sick.  I don't think he feels good either after he has eaten one.  Perhaps he has learned at least one thing, though I would much prefer he not catch them in the first place.  Apparently the chase is just too tempting.

I am dealing with a bit of a hiccup with the rv, so, delayed in actually picking it up and driving it home.  This entire process has been a great experience in patience.  I am a very patient person to begin with, as most of you know.   Apparently I wanted to take it to a whole new level.  I have succeeded.  Patient, I am being!!!


This gives me more time to sort papers, which are currently strewn about on the living room floor, and finalize everything for the sale.  I am still working on deciding whether to take things for my niece (the one leaving for London Veterinary School,  mid September ) with me or ship them.  Also, her brother is expected to return from his deployment in Afghanistan during early September.    I haven't  seen him in several years.  A lot of this depends on when I am able to get on the road.  I would prefer to amble versus charge full speed to the East Coast.  


The other thinking is to be on my way toward warmer wintering grounds before the weather gets too cold and stormy.  Being on the East Coast for winter is surely someone's  favorite picture.  Mine is someplace where the air is cool, breezy and sunshiny.  This is more what I have in mind.  These are the pictures I see in my head.  Leaving the snow, sleet and hail for all those brave at heart.  I admire their strength and fortitude to deal with what I consider harsh winters.  I guess I have lived in California too long.  Hence the change.  Transitioning slowly would be nice.  We shall see how all of this unfolds.

For now I shall continue on with what I am doing and when the Universe says "It is time to go," I will go.  




                               Enjoy Small Pleasures


"Little things seem nothing, but they give peace, like those meadow flowers which individually seem odorless but all together perfume the air."        -    George Bernanos










Enjoy your pleasures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment