Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dishes

Well, I think I have finished collecting the odd dishes, bowls, mugs and glasses for my Adventure.  The light green glass here says lemonade in several places, along with slices of lemons on it.  I am certain, however, it will hold other beverages.  The purple spiral glass has a larger cousin that will be part of the collection also and these two pieces were made by a local hand glass blower who's creations are all over the world.  Nicholson's Blown Glass located in Auburn, California.  They are such a sweet couple and visitors can go and watch them at work.  Very wonderful!  They have a sale once a year which is the only reason I have a few awesome pieces made by them.






Getting everything ready for the estate sale.  I am glad I have several bookshelves that I can use (and sell) to display what is for sale.  Several friends have offered to help with putting things together and helping on the days of the sale.  I image it will be a lot of fun. Here is to great weather for the days.


Just walked through the front room and saw the cat ("Sam") sleeping on top of the window air conditioner.  He woke up when I took his picture.  Lazy summer morning for him.  Odd coloring by taking the picture through the window.






Fortunately the lizard is gone and on safer ground somewhere.  There was another lizard running around on the base of the Catalpa tree earlier.  Much smaller than the one on the window frame the other day.  I think I am being overrun with reptiles.  Perhaps it is a good thing, on many levels, that I am about to be off on my Adventure.


                                                   Look Around You


"To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour."         -   William Blake


Enjoy  your "Look."



No comments:

Post a Comment