Sunday, July 15, 2012

Smoke


This area woke to smoke again.  Hoping the wind comes up just enough to clear it out.  Too much wind fuels the canyon fire. The Cal Fire web site provides updated information on the happenings of the fire.  Sad to say one home and three out buildings have been burned and eleven firefighters have had injuries.  Lots of people are still evacuated from their homes and several roads are closed.  Cal Fire reports 2,250 acres have burned and they are holding at twenty percent containment.  This is a difficult location for them to work and continued blessings and prayers to all of them.  Hopefully the wild animals have made it to safer locations and out of harms way.


I have held off washing and drying the sheets outside due to the smoky air but I think I will just need to do it, and soon.  The dryer just does not seem a good alternative when it is hot outside.  I also will wait to wash curtains and such until the smoke is no longer an issue.  I'd rather just do it once.  One person I talked with said they woke up (smelling smoke) thinking they were camping.  That is what I call a deep sleep and wishful thinking or dreaming.






The Home Goods store is a very amazing place.  Since I have decided to use mismatched dishes, bowls and glasses, etc. in my motor home (which, of course, is still eluding me) I went there yesterday and discovered some great finds at inexpensive prices.  All of the pieces I obtained were made in Italy, Portugal, Turkey or England.  It was wonderful to find these amazing pieces and I am grateful they were made somewhere other than China.  I must admit I know several people who would be appalled by the fact that none of these items match.  The way I see it is that I can use whichever plate, bowl, glass or cup that suits my mood at the time.  I have given up on being a conservative!  From here on out, I choose to do as the moment presents itself.


The motor home search continues and I have several emails out to dealers with queries on units they are showing in their inventory.  One is actually located in Fresno.  I think it would be hysterically funny if that is the one I end up buying.  Fresno is one of my least favorite places to go because of the heat in the summer and the "tule fog" in the winter.  I went to high school in Fresno and my Mom used to live in Clovis, until she passed in 2010.  I also have an older brother and some of his family still living in Clovis.  So, we shall see.  Thanks, too, to all those who continue to contact me about wandering rv's they come across.  One of these days it will arrive.  And I will be ready!


I also am continuing to organize and sort things for the estate sale.  I obviously need to sell the other dishes, bowls, mugs, glasses, etc.that a currently use, in order to justify the ones I have just purchased.  I am probably doing this all backwards, though I have learned over the years it is best to seize the moment.  When something presents itself, action is needed.  Although, sometimes there are many things presenting themselves at the same moment and it gets a bit difficult to determine what action to take.  I continue to practice and  I consider myself a work in progress.  Heaven forbid that I should ever be done with working on myself.  That's a scary thought!  


I have stalled long enough.  There is a slight breeze and the air seems a bit more clear, so I am going to be brave and wash the sheets and get them out on the line before anything else impedes my progress and good intentions. I do have to go out and wash the clothes line off first.  I am sure it is covered in dust and particulate matter.   It is predicted to be cooler tomorrow and that may be a less desirable day to get this done.  Taking action.


Enjoy taking action!



No comments:

Post a Comment