Saturday, July 21, 2012

Star Wars

Andie reminded me of a most famous line by Yoda:


     "Do, or do not.  There is no try!"


In keeping with this concept, I will patch the elbow tear of my favorite shirt and patch my favorite pants that I was going to give up on.  I must have some crazy colored material somewhere that will do the trick.  Something bold and mismatched and strong.  Perhaps I will start a new trend, though I doubt I can compete with what is already out there.


I have several baby evergreen trees growing this year for the first time.  I failed to notice them in years past if they were growing.  I have successfully transplanted one and have surrounded it with stones to protect anyone, including me, from stepping on it.  Others still need to be moved to safer territory and out of harms way.  Also, to an area where they can grow to their full potential.  How cute is this?  See it there in the middle?  Kind of a gray/blue sticky looking thing among all the ground litter.






My poor pine Christmas tree is suffering from overload of the silk tree pink fluff droppings.  Individually, these are both magnificent trees.   However, in the summer, when the silk tree blooms its pink fluff things, it drops them all over the pine tree.  So the pine tree looks as though it has some horrible disease.  Periodically I attach the power nozzle to the hose and spray it off the pine tree.  Then I end up with a mess everywhere around it.  I do feel, though, that the pine tree appreciates my efforts.  I know I feel better when it is clean.




So many beautiful trees and bushes are in bloom now.  Your eye just darts all over the place attempting (notice I didn't use the word try!) to catch it all.  Crepe Myrtle trees are available in so many colors now, as well as, Agapanthus blooms.  My friends grandchildren call these explosion plants.  And butterfly bushes.  All attract butterflies and humming birds and bees.  This keeps me from having to put out feeders


Enjoy the Blossoms!



No comments:

Post a Comment