Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bravery

Movies and books contain, for me, some quotes and sayings that seem to have a message.


"Peaceful Warrior," movie:  "Only the bravest souls come to earth to learn."


Dr. Wayne Dyer, Facebook:  "Every day, do one thing you fear."


"Joe Versus The Volcano," movie:  "Why not do the thing you are afraid of doing and see what happens?"


"Ratatouille," movie:   "If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead!"

Living bravely and fearlessly.  In doing so, I think the governing aspect whether or not to do something might be to consider if it will hurt anyone.  This means being honorable with your intentions. Determine the purpose of your actions.  Be honest.  Be brave.


I think it takes a lot of soul searching and being honest with ones self to truly deal with the fears that deter us from being brave   Programmed since childhood on how to behave and act can lead to some deeply seated ideas of ourselves and those around us.  Who is the person that said "such and such" is normal?  What is normal anyway?  What if I choose to live in a round container rather than a square box?  As long as I keep from hurting anyone, what does it matter?


I am working on taking many leaps.  This whole Adventure is a leap.  Parting with my "stuff" is a leap. Being away from familiar surroundings, friends and family is a leap.  Giving up a schedule (and I'm going to really like this one) is a leap.  I think I want all of my life to be leap.  That step that makes your stomach feel as though it is full of butterflies and your heart pounds a bit harder because of the unknown.  Just being amazed at everything in front of, behind, above, below and all around.  I am excited to experience whatever presents itself.  Definitely an Adventure. And I am already practicing ......being brave!


So, hence, mismatched plates, bowls, mugs and glasses.  And who knows, maybe even bed sheets.  I love seeing little children wearing different colored socks and clothes.  It seems to me they are simply expressing being creative.  Perhaps it is their way of saying," this is how I feel today."  Polka dots with squares and plaids with prints.  And who is the one overall person who dictates that certain things don't match or do go together?  In what kingdom do they rule?  Oh, how our forefathers would be rolling in their graves if they could see all of this today.  I hope they are laughing because it is, after all, pretty silly and definitely fun.


I am glad to report that the Robbers Fire is 50% contained and the fire lines are holding.  There have been twelve injuries to fire fighters, with the worst being broken bones.  One vacation home and four out buildings have been destroyed.  The efforts to this event have been addressed twenty four hours a day since the start of the fire.   The local fairgrounds has opened its gates to the animals of those who have been evacuated, for free.  It is awesome to watch a community come together and help each other out when the need is there.  It would be great to see this out pouring of caring on a regular basis. So, thanks again, to all those assisting and working so hard to ease the difficulties of those in need.   For more specifics the Cal Fire web site is:  http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/...incident_details.  Or Google search: Robbers Fire (Placer County) CA.


I started the process of washing the things I can to eliminate the smoke smell.  Walking in to the house and having it smell like a campground is a bit much for me and it gets old after a while.  Sofa and love seat covers, the curtains that are washable and all the throws are now clean and fresh again.  Next is to sprinkle baking soda on the carpet and then vacuum.  That is the best I can do for now.  And then, of course, letting the windows open as much as possible until it reaches the predicted 95 degrees by Saturday.  Which means closing the house up again with the air conditioner running.  Never a dull moment.  And always something to do. 


Enjoy being brave!



No comments:

Post a Comment