Monday, March 18, 2013

- BUSY! BUSY! BUSY! -

The building in the lower left is the Morro Bay Museum.


A walk to the museum, the top of the morro next to it and the Bayside Cafe for lunch.  I had already walked to the rock from where I am staying, so all in all, it was a five hour adventure.  The weather was perfect for such a jaunt and I was rewarded with so many amazing things.


It was a bit breezy at the top of the morro (a rocky outcrop in the shallows of a harbor) however, the view is incredible.  There was some moisture in the air so the picture is a touch hazy.  The anchored boats in the harbor were moving around as the water was a little choppy.  

While on the top of the morro a beautiful hawk soared before me and displayed its magnificent colors.  I have yet to identify it exactly so I'll keep checking my books.  There were butterflies, hummingbirds, white pelicans, brown pelicans,(gulls, of course) and children on a day trip from Paso Robles.

Potted plant at Bayside Cafe.
I took a picture of some people from Walnut Creek and chatted with a man from San Diego.  He had been up to the top of the morro the day before and the fog was in so he couldn't see a thing.  He was very grateful for today's weather.

The finches have been my morning wake up sound.  I like it!  And they were singing all along the great walking path I took and while I was at the museum.  It was also wonderful to see the pelicans again.  

While I was eating lunch (tuna skewers wrapped in bacon, charbroiled with a Teriyaki sauce and a salad, which was a total yum) there were brown and white pelicans, cormorants, egrets, herons and gulls all feasting on whatever it was in the yacht club area at the cafe.  It didn't last long, though was fun to observe as they all did their own thing.

Flowers along the way.
There is outside eating at the cafe so I enjoyed the sun and the breeze.  I was soon joined by a group of twenty one that were staying at the nearby Morro Bay State Campground.  They were part of a Lazy Daze Camping Club and were having a good time.  There was another group of eleven eating inside and celebrating someone's birthday.  So, for 11:00 am, the little cafe was almost full since it included the rest of us, such as myself, enjoying an early lunch.  Everyone was friendly and talking with others they were meeting for the first time.  Good fun!

The path I had taken during the morning walk goes through a part of a condominium park where this old Eucalyptus tree had a section where there was this tiered growth on its side.  And one of the Cypress trees had fallen over a part of the path leaving an archway that people could walk under.  The top of the tree had rooted itself and was growing on the other side of the walkway.  I love how nature takes care of herself if we just leave her alone.


I have had several opportunities to hang laundry outside.  And I spent a morning with Dorothy and her dog Annie, who was getting some obedience and scent training, in the park in San Luis Obispo.  It was very interesting and reminded me of some things I can incorporate when my next furry friend shows up.  I am waiting.  The drive through the country side of San Luis Obispo is very green right now and there was a group of vultures standing with their wings spread out attempting to get warm in the early morning sun.  Everything always feels so fresh and new to me in the mornings.  Definitely my preferred time of day.


"It is not our abilities that show what we truly are.
It is our choices!"
-  Albus Dumbledore
-  Movie, Harry Potter
-  Chamber of Secrets
Enjoy your choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment