Friday, March 1, 2013

- 80 DEGREES & SUNNY --

Amazing orchid blooming in a pot.



Daffodils and orchid in a pot.
Someone thinks it is Spring here.  80 degrees with a light warm breeze.  Flowers that get water are blooming everywhere.  Daffodils, orchids, ice plant, pansies  and more.  Natures colors are everywhere and so beautiful.  The cherry trees are blooming in San Luis Obispo.  They are just starting to bloom here in Morro Bay.  


The hawks are out, and it is warm enough for the monarch butterflies to be mating and doing their thing.    



Morro Bay bus stop west wall
Morro Bay bus stop east wall
I needed to go to the small town of Cayucos a few days ago, so I figured out the whole bus thing and bought a pass for the month.  The pass will take me all the way north to Hearst Castle with San Simeon and Cambria on the way,  as well as, south to San Luis Obispo.  Getting the senior discount makes it very affordable at $22 for the month.  Yea!!


So, I went to the bus stop in Morro Bay at the park and went to sit in the waiting area.  It is a square building with the north and east sides having roll up doors, floor to ceiling.  The other two walls are painted murals to look like the inside of a house.  These pictures are all painted murals, including the windows, with the exception of the sofa, (south wall) and bench (west wall) which are brown colored formed concrete.  


Morro Bus stop, south wall  The sofa looks so real.
This is the most thought through bus stop waiting area I have ever seen.  Very realistic, good shelter (though the sofa is rather uncomfortable) and yet open on two sides during the hours the bus runs.  They close the doors at night which keeps out the critters, etc.

While I was sitting on the concrete bench a young man and his dog came through and he asked me for the time.  I checked and told him and he continued on.  He returned a few minutes with a piece of lavender offering it to me and thanking me for giving him the time.  He was a complete gentle young man and appeared as what I would call a "hippie."  He told me the lavender is calming and he uses it when he is around a lot of people.  He was on the same bus I took and his dog rode for free because it is a service dog.  When I got off the bus, I couldn't help but give him the amount of his fare as a gift in return for sharing his spirit with me.  I love these kinds of events occurring.  What a nice thing to happen just before going into the dentist.

While I was in Cayucos I went to one of my favorite restaurants, The Sea Shanty.  I ran into some friends, dogs and watched some local guys talking to each other at the bed of their truck.  (This is definitely a boy thing!)

While I was walking to the restaurant I noticed there were three sheriff cars at one of the motels on the main street.  They were all talking on the radios and hand held devices.  This will be the talk of the town for at least a week as everyone attempts to figure out just what it was all about. Everyone knows everything is a small town.  Love it.


The weekend after this Cayucos will hold their annual Sea Glass Festival.  They will have all sorts of treasures featuring sea glass with so many talented artists displaying and selling their creations and wares.  It is a fun event to check out and see so many unusual items.










"An expert dedicates his life to his training
with the purpose of winning competitions.
Someday you may become a master gymnast.
The master dedicates his training to life."

- Dan Millman
- excerpt from his book
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior


Enjoy your first day of March!


No comments:

Post a Comment