Monday, February 25, 2013

- WIND - SPRING - CAN'T BE -


Walking round town lately has presented flowering plants that in other areas are still asleep in winter time.  This lovely jasmine plant is beginning to flower out and offers such a wonderfully sweet aroma for passersby.  

Saturday was incredibly windy.  My little home was a rocking each time there was a gust.  Megan came into town from Arroyo Grande and we walked to Top Dog for coffee.  Something warm truly hit the spot.  We walked back meandering through the street fair and almost had to hold onto each other to keep from being blown away. 



I also found this wonderful succulent blooming away on my path.  It looks so happy with the bright yellow flowers just beginning to open.  So now I am on a quest to discover as many succulents in bloom as possible.  







This one could be used as a Christmas tree.

This appears to be a hens-n-chickens plant with a flowering top I never knew they made.  Must be a specific variety.  Very stunning up close and personal.







Sunday I discovered additional otters in the harbor.  This little secluded and sheltered area was hosting one otter.  Then there were three and now there are seven.  I have counted as many as twelve out in the harbor closer to the jetty and this is the first time I have seen this many together in the calmer waters of the boat docks in the harbor.  Curious.


I just never know what will present itself when I am out and about.  One of my pure pleasures about being here.

I just heard gas prices are rising again which could have an affect on my traveling.  While I have this wonderful home on wheels, good gas mileage is one of its rather weaker points.  This is definitely one of the things I will consider as I venture forth.

I met Judy, who is the editor of Slo Coastal Journal, a monthly online magazine for this amazing area.  Margie and Dart introduced us Saturday morning while we were all out talking near the jetty. Judy and I have talked since our meeting and beginning with the April issue, I will be writing a column for the magazine.  I am looking forward to doing this and I am fairly certain I can link it to my blog.  You can always check it out ahead of time by reading articles written by the locals at:  www.slocoastjournal.com.  Thank you, Judy.

Life is ever changing.  I learned from my Mom, during her last few months, the grace one receives when living in the moment.  I am doing my best at this and getting better at it every day.  I am letting go of major planning.  Simply putting it out there and allowing it to present itself.  When I lived in Sacramento I had discovered this house in a rather wealthy part of town that I fell in love with.  It had an appeal that I just couldn't resist.  I silently wished that I could be able to see the inside.  

About twenty years later my husband and I were going to a friends wedding at a private home.  When we pulled up to the address, I was shocked, speechless and thrilled to see it was THE house.  My mind was in such a state of shock that I think I was unable to focus on the actual inside.  I remember thinking at the time that the rooms seemed smaller than what I thought they would be.  Everything was English Tudor style.  There was a huge pool, putting green and tennis courts on the back of the property.  I had failed to imagine how large the parcel could be.  I continued to process this whole event and how something I had silently wished for so long ago was actually happening.  

I was amazed and curious and excited.  I suspect this was one of the many things that occurred during those years that were preparing me for the Adventure of searching out my own spirituality.  My path has been amazing, and is so today.  I continually marvel at the discoveries I find, the subtle messages and ideas that come, and at watching how things simply unfold when left to do so.  I am becoming happier and more at peace all the time.  I am aware of my acceptance and comfort at what is happening in my life.  And I am feeling grateful a lot for everything.  Thank You, Universe!  So, I continue on.



"You are already connected to everything you need
when you're inspired
- what takes place is a
realignment within you that allows for everything,
every event, and every person, to merge
in your 'In-Spirited' consciousness."
-  Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
taken from his book
Your Ultimate Calling





Happy Birthday, Roger!!!  (Older Brother!)


Enjoy your inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment