Saturday, February 16, 2013

- WATER -

Google image

Yesterday I managed to get my tax information completed and mailed to the accountant, and I finished reading the book I borrowed and returned it to the laundry room.  Then I took a quick trip to the grocery store where I was shocked to see a huge opossum walking along a four foot tall wall near the store.  I truly thought I was seeing things.  It didn't seem very steady on its feet and finally ambled into some bushes on the other side.  Very strange.

The weather is amazing and I have a load of laundry hanging out on the line to dry.   There is a slight breeze, so this should happen quickly.  The nights are finally a bit warmer too and this makes for wonderful sleeping.

I had a crown come off yesterday and wonder if any of the locals can recommend a good dentist here.  Please call or email me.  Wouldn't you just know this would happen close to the weekend, a long one at that.  I can hear the increase of traffic noise as the tourists are arriving.  Darn.  It has been so quiet and peaceful and even the weather and sea have been calm and serene.  Loving it here, now.


It is so interesting to me that since I am able to avoid being in a hurry for anything, I can relax and do what needs to be done.  So, when I went to the copy place to make the copies of the tax information, there was no one there and I accomplished my mission quickly.  Then there was no one at the post office and I was able to take care of that just  as quickly.  I can remember so many times, when I was on a schedule, having to rush to get things done.  I am so grateful this has changed.  Makes life much more enjoyable.  And, also because I walk everywhere, I am able to avoid the issue of needing to find a parking place.  Bonus!!!

While I was at the copy place I came across a woman making copies of pictures painted by people with Alzheimer's disease.  They were amazing.  As we talked she told be there is a therapist who works with them challenging various parts of their brains.  They do their paintings from a picture that is upside down.  These artists live in a home for those with Alzheimer's disease and the works they have done are on display all over town.  Things to check out.  




"In one drop of water are found
the secrets of all the endless oceans."
-  Kahlil Gibran 
from the book
Patterns of Happiness





Happy Birthday, Rhonda!
Happy Birthday, Susan!

Enjoy your water!



No comments:

Post a Comment