Monday, February 18, 2013

- LEMON ZESTER -





Last week, after Joyce, Carol and I had lunch at Robin's, we went to a local hardware store and each of us purchased a lemon zester.  I have been using it and I love it.  It is simple and effective to use and I have been putting lemon zest in my smoothies every morning, and adding it to my salads.  All are yummy.  The one we purchased has a good grip and creates better zest than anything I have used in the past.  We paid a much more modest price than what I have seen on the internet.    It makes me happy when I find a good deal.  Thank you, Universe!


The People Are Here!  They are everywhere.  This long weekend has brought all of them.  At least, it seems that way.  I took a late afternoon walk and almost couldn't navigate the few streets there are here.  This is probably part of the problem.  Everyone congregates on the Embarcadero or Main Street.  Once I strolled over a few streets, it was fine.  Pretty crazy.  There must also have been a motorcycle group here as well, because I heard them during the early afternoon.  Fortunately the sounds they make were silent by early evening.  



The sun is holding, though they are predicting rain tomorrow and off and on through the week.  It is still so nice in the mornings and I love the walks to the rock and boat launch.  I get my dog fixes and the new day.  I go by the French Bakery and do my best to avoid going in.  I do confess my strength has failed me a few times.  The nice thing about early mornings is most of the tourists have yet to be out and about.  There are some, but mostly locals.  Very nice.


Patty and I went to lunch at the Bayside Cafe and celebrated my birthday.  The Bayside is one of my favorite places to go and I have not been there since I lived here.  They offer skewers of tuna wrapped in bacon and cooked with teriyaki sauce.  Add a small salad and yummy!   We sat out in the sun and enjoyed our meal and attempted to solve the issues of the world, etc.  I am unsure if we were successful, however I thoroughly enjoyed the time together.  Patty and her husband, Stu, just sold their motel and are taking a bit of a break  I wish them well.





" Make it your intention to always stay inspired
and live what your heart knows,
rather than only what your eyes see!"

-  Dr. Wyne W. Dyer
from his book
Your Ultimate Calling







Happy Birthday, Tim!

Happy Birthday, Leslie!

Enjoy your zest!

No comments:

Post a Comment