Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tall Ships







Last evening I took a sunset walk down to the Embarcadero and was thrilled to watch the tall ships entering the boat dock area of the Harbor.  They come in every year for people to climb on board and look them over.  For me, it seems to touch a unique place in the heart that yearns for those days of pirates and adventurers of the high seas.  I am beginning to suspect that I may have been a gypsy and/or explorer in many other lifetimes.


An update on Mae, the dog found wandering around the Embarcadero.  Her owner claimed her and she is home safe and sound with her people.  What a relief.  I can only imagine the anxious feelings of the owner upon discovering Mae was missing.  I can almost feel this and the thought of her being missing would be crazy awful.  Hooray for pets/people reunited.




I revisited the balancing rocks at The Rock and found it has embellished quite a bit.  Though some of the stacks have toppled over, probably due to wind, rain and other things.  To me it is inspiring that people do this art form, which is totally non destructive and very creative and peaceful to the viewer.  Great stuff!




This past week end I was a complete social butterfly.  I went to Cambria with Joyce and Carol and we completely enjoyed our meals at Robin's.  In my opinion, the best food in town.  The food is fresh, local, organic and prepared and served with love.  The most wonderful combinations of flavors and textures.  I am a lay person with all of this, however, I am able to taste an awesome meal when I have one.  Great place!  Of course, after browsing around in some shops, we needed to finish off with some sweets at the Sweet Offerings.  Yummy.  




Morro Rock and Harbor, early morning!

I had a wonderful breakfast with Dart and Margie.   Then Margie and I went to Cambria and the yarn shop there, and worked on our yarn projects while chatting with a few other women doing the same.  A lot of fun.  Margie and Dart go back to Washington State at the end of February.  They expect to be back next year.  Safe travels.



Morro Bay back Harbor, early morning.  Sun shining on boats.

Then I met Megan for dinner and we celebrated my birthday.  She brought me some, oh so wonderful, flowers that Malcolm grows.  They smell heavenly and look so beautiful.  Much better than the ones that struggled to bloom in November while I stayed with them.  We had a great time.  I look forward to spending more time with her.


I have accomplished many chores (you know; laundry, groceries, etc.) and yesterday I worked on my taxes.  If things continue this way, I will have my part of tax preparation complete today and in the mail to the accountant.  Yay!!!  I have, of course, stopped by the French Bakery and indulged in some of their incredible edibles.  




I have a smart phone.  It fascinates me when it shows a red weather icon alert.  This morning there was one for Morro Bay (Dense Fog Advisory).  Since it was clear when I awoke earlier, I looked out the window and saw that it was still clear.  Humm!  Perhaps there are some things better handled by humans rather than robots and computers.  Though for the past several days, I must admit, they were right on with the Frost Advisory.  Had there been pumpkins, they would have been covered in the white stuff.  Extremely cold in the mornings, with the days being delightful.  


"Sometimes you pick your friends.  
Sometimes they pick you!"

-  unknown


"Happy Birthday, Pat!!!"



Enjoy your weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment