Monday, March 25, 2013

- THREE SISTERS -



I am always amazed at how a day can start out as one thing and then have it transform into something completely unexpected.  Such was Saturday.  I started out with a fun trip with Dorothy and Annie for another dog training morning.  I watched as Annie did her sniffing of boxes during her nose work.  Then she was well behaved during the obedience portion, which then led to her being "whatever" when it was time for free play.  Annie is such a sweet dog and I enjoy being around her.  I love the chats Dorothy and I have while we are driving.

I had no plans for the rest of the day and I found myself wandering around on the Embarcadero.  This seems to be the place I end up the most.  I think it is because of being close to the water which is one of my favorite places to be.

 I remember when I was very young and Mom had taken my brother and I to a lake so we could go swimming.  This is something we did often.  We loved that and had spent quite a bit of time enjoying and playing in the water.  When it came time to go, Mom called us and we got dressed.  I guess I got impatient to leave, so decided to do some more swimming (in my clothes)!  Well, needless to say, Mom was less than thrilled with my behavior.  I simply loved being in the water and this holds true today.  Even when I am out watering with a hose, I end up just as wet as the flowers and plants that are the intended target.

Anyway, back to the Embarcadero.  I was walking past the entrance of a restaurant and three women had just come out and were walking in my same direction.  One of them pulled the other two aside so I could pass by.  I said to her, "Do I look as though I am in a hurry?"  That was all it took and the four of us started talking and getting to know each other.  We discovered we were all about the same age and laughed and shared stories and somehow managed to get closer to where their car was parked as we walked.

I learned that one of them lived in Tennessee, one in Arkansas and one lived in Brentwood, California (just west of Stockton).  I think we spent almost an hour and a half chatting and laugh and sharing and it felt as though we were all old friends.  When it came time for them to get on their way we hugged and exchanged phone numbers and I received invitations to visit all of them during my travels.  How awesome is that?  Pretty darn awesome as far as I am concerned.

So, if I had been a few seconds ahead of myself or behind myself, this Adventure would have been lost in the mist.  Instead, I found myself in the company of three wonderful sisters who had come together to support each other and spend time together and help each other out through some difficult times.  And I was blessed to have been a small part of it all.  Synchronicity!  Thank You, Universe!  

Yesterday, no plans (I am finding I love this no plans thing!) again, when I got a call from Megan.  Was I available to meet for lunch?  Heck, yes!  So I met her at the Shine Cafe in Morro Bay.  After enjoying our meal we walked to Top Dog and got our coffees and sat outside in the back of the cafe to catch up on things.  It was another beautiful day in Morro Bay.

We left via the back of the cafe and we were in a small parking area which had a dirt driveway into the space.  I had the most bizarre sensation of being in the foothills of the gold country, where the buildings are old and musty and lend themselves to the times of the gold rush.  It was as though I was as if I had stepped back in time finding myself in the dry and dusty part of old town Auburn, yet here I was in the moist fresh air of the central coast.  

The feelings were very strong and I kept looking around attempting to comprehend what I was experiencing.  It was very similar to visiting an old mission or ghost town or old battlefield of many years past.  The smells were also present of old, dusty places.  I half expected a gold prospector to step out of thin air.  Had I not known better I could have sworn I was inland many, many miles and in a forgotten area of some old lost town which had once flourished.  

Once Megan and I walked through the dirt driveway and out onto the sidewalk, I stepped back into the present moment.  The air was refreshing and cool and moist.  I was home again.  I felt as though an oppressive weight had been lifted and I was again free and light and airy.  And my precious moisture was in the air.  

Megan had brought a DVD for me to watch and she and I watched a short portion of it before she headed home.  I have the DVD to view as many times as I like before Megan returns to reclaim it.  We had a great visit. 

I have had other experiences of feeling the space around me was what it had been many years or ages ago.  I find it curious and I often feel a little anxious when it happens.  I am free of fear when this occurs though I am always uplifted when I feel I am back in the present moment.  

While Megan and I were walking back to my little home on wheels I noticed these beautiful island flowers in the landscaping of one of the motels.  They are Protea which are native to Maui, Hawaii.  I was completely surprised to see them here.  What a gift!




Well, here I am in the present moment and loving being here.  The fog is playing tag this morning, almost afternoon and there are a few places I want to go before the day ends.  Cards to mail, a fine screen drain catcher for the shower, and a few veggies from the grocery store.  Not much but makes for a good walk and not too heavy of a load to carry.  "Oh, Happy Day!"


"When the deepest part of you
becomes engaged in what you are doing,
when your activities and actions
become gratifying and purposeful,
when what you do serves both yourself and others,
when you do not tire within but seek
the sweet satisfaction of your life and your work,
you are doing what you were meant to be doing."

- Gary Zukav

Enjoy your here and now!

No comments:

Post a Comment