Sunday, June 2, 2013

- CANYON CREEK DAY 2 -




The first nights sleep was good.  I woke to the gentle sounds of the geese.  Yes, they were all on the grassy edges of the river (maybe about twenty of them).  Perhaps about twelve feet from my home.  They are so stately and large.  Loved seeing and hearing them.

 So, there I was out taking pictures of the geese and a gang of wild turkeys came along.  They were moving quickly and kept their distance from me.  It was difficult to get clear shots of them.  Several pictures were blurred from their movements.  They also kept a close watch on the geese and so fortunately there were no altercations between the two.  I was actually surprised they got as close to the geese as they did.


It was a quite warm day.  I am glad I actually didn't know the temperature.  It was hot by 10 a.m. so I knew the afternoon would be up there.  I stayed quite and simply enjoyed the view from the home.  It is all lovely and green and peaceful as one watches the river flow along.  There is still the soft sounds as the water flows over the rocks.


 This particular camping area has some of the nicest staff I have encountered.  I feel as though I have known them forever.  They are always available and friendly and if I need a ride around the area, they are there to help.

In the afternoon the geese all finish up their eating in the river and wondering around and settle in to wait out the heat. They, of course, can go in the water anytime, especially if a dog gets too close to where they are resting.  Considering there are are so many of them, it is amazing how quite they are.  Rarely have I heard them truly honk.

As you can see, they do the rear up in the air thing to gather food from the bottom of the river. It is quite shallow and apparently the locals and Fish and Game cleaned out the silt not too long ago to help the river be more healthy and they are hoping to encourage the salmon to return here.

There are benches along the river for those of us who like to stop and enjoy the soothing sounds of the river.  It is so green around the river and so dry and dusty not far from the shore.  So best to keep the view towards the river and pretend it all looks this way.  Very beautiful.

Two early evenings in a row this robin came to visit.  He sits on top of the post and cleans himself and then feeds around the site and eventually leaves.  Sometimes he is here other times of the day looking for food.  The grounds are watered where there is grass, so this provides a source of food for the robins and all the other birds.  

There are lots of flickers here and I can hear them mostly.  Occasionally I have seen one on the ground.  

Lots of people left this morning as I suspect most must be at work Monday morning.  There were people that just came in for last night.  This has been a nice place to spend a few days.  I suspect when I am back in the area this will be a good respite.  



And there are some people I have enjoyed talking with as I pet their dogs.  There is Jackie and Roger who have a beautiful golden retriever named Benjamin.  And Terry and his wife who have a white Great Pyrenees named Dalilah and a black cockapoo named Walker.  There are lots of other dogs meandering around with their people that I have not met.  Some really, really tiny ones.



Happy Birthday to all those having a Birthday!



"For every action
there is a equal
and opposite reaction.
You receive from the world
what you give to the world."



Enjoy your action!



No comments:

Post a Comment