Tuesday, June 25, 2013

- POLLEN -



So, this wonderful yellow powdery stuff on the ground has been the cause of my sneezing and blowing my nose so much.  I was unable to understand why until I saw the collection of the pollen at the edges of the water puddles and edges of the dirt that has been washed together by the rain.  Mystery solved.  I forget that the evergreens produce their own pollen and my issues are just about everywhere.



The only place I experience relief is at the coast.  I have yet to figure out if it is the moist air, lack of certain plants, trees and flowers, or that I simply ignore them.  Having lived on the central coast for two and a half years and then returning to the Sacramento/Auburn area, my first spring was complete misery.  I had totally forgotten how affected I am with seasonal allergies.

I suspect this is why I am in search of an area that will give me relief from this dreadful occurrence, as I am literally a mess in the spring time.  Thankfully it is only spring rather than all year long.  I think if it was all year long I would have to move to Hawaii.  Darn.  Although I am uncertain about how I would cope with living on an island.  Have to think about that some.


I actually saw a robin this morning when I was walking to the laundry room.  It came flying almost directly to me before it realized I was there.  And then at the office there were several pigeons.  It seems the rain has brought out all of the birds I have been hearing.  Such a delight.

While at Millie's we also made some chocolate chip cookies from a recipe she had not used before.  Well, let me tell you, I baked some last night and was in heaven.  The are way too good so I will need to monitor my intake.  The other challenging thing is the aroma they create.  This morning I could still smell the wonderfulness of these delicious little gems.  Frozen cookie dough balls are magnificent.  Especially once they are baked.


It has been too drippy outside to whip out the camera for pictures, so these are more flowers from the High-Hand Nursery.  And I failed to capture all they had.  Amazing place.

Just for chuckles, I tried opening and closing the passenger side window this morning and now it is working.  I am beginning to think it only likes cooler weather.  Imagine that, just like me.  Humm.  I will continue to check out my theory.   This could make things very interesting with where I travel.  


This picture rather startled me.
A puddle is working its way along the dirt path
and all the yellow along the edges and in the center of the closest part is pollen.


The cobble stone caused a lacy look.  Kinda cool.
Okay, I couldn't resist and had to go out in the rain and get some pictures of the pollen and the trees and flowers here at the park.  It always smells so good when it rains in the forest.  

 

The unique odors are some of my favorites.  I think all of the forest smells are wonderful and inviting.  Cedarwood is actually the one I like the most.

  

Most of the trees here are Ponderosa pine although I saw a cone that appeared to be from a Digger pine.  Should one of those cones fall on your head, you will know it.  Headache for sure and maybe some stitches.










 - Tom Hanks 

Enjoy your view!

No comments:

Post a Comment