Tuesday, June 4, 2013

- CANYON CREEK DAY 3 -





This is my last morning here. Went to sleep last night to frogs, crickets and other unknown sounds along the water way. There was the occasional honk of a goose and the unusual noises of a flicker. The anticipated visit of the robin was also a pleasure to see last evening. So peaceful.



The time I have been here has also been the sight of the falling snow of the cottonwoods. Lots of folks are sneezing with itchy eyes, etc. I have handled things rather well with periodic sneezing, only a bit of a post nasal drip and blowing my nose. All in all, I have done well. Very grateful for this as past spring experiences have sometimes been almost unbearable. I am also grateful for the natural remedies I have learned along the way.





Yesterday was definitely cooler than the day before and today feels as though it may be a bit cooler than yesterday. Throughout the day and evening yesterday many of my fellow travelers left the park. I felt as though there was a mass exodus. It was rather strange to be in the park with only one other trailer in the area where I was. This is probably what it is like most of the off season.

I managed to do my laundry this morning so everything is clean and ready to go for the next part of my Adventure. A short time in Citrus Heights with Millie and then heading north. (But probably not all the way to Alaska!) I may be on the heels of Terry, Stacey and family (plus Dalilah and Walker) as they are heading to Victoria and then east. Terry is originally from Canada and Stacey from Cincinnati, which is where I was born. The world just keeps getting smaller and smaller. I love it!




Lisa is off now until after she has had her baby. What a delightful young woman. She is the reason I came here. Scott, who works with the manager, Val, was great and was born in Maine which is where my niece was working for two summers. One of the other volunteers here is from Illinois and we talked about snow. (The real stuff.) And others that have lived in the Sacramento area and one who almost sold their home to someone moving from Morro Bay. Amazing!. I am excited to meet lots of others with which I will share a common thread.

I do want to go up and say good-bye to Jackie and Roger (and Benjamin the golden retriever) before I am on my way. They will be moving to Washington in the next few weeks and be with one of their daughters and family. Seems as though there is a lot of change for many people. Relocating, painting, changing jobs, cleaning out closets, etc. All good stuff as far as I am concerned.




Anticipate a world at peace.
Expect health, abundance
and love in your life
and in the lives of others.”
  • Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, Your Ultimate Calling


Enjoy your anticipation!


No comments:

Post a Comment