Tuesday, June 11, 2013

- HIGH HAND NURSERY -



It has been six months since I was last at the High Hand Nursery in Loomis.  It was winter and though the inside cafe was warm and charming with the lighted trees, now is the perfect time to visit this wonderful place.

The cafe itself is very much similar to a hot house as everything is glass and walls open and the roof opens and one is inside, eating outside.  The evergreen trees have been replaced with some sort of other tree-ish (my word for a tree kind of greenery) type of plant that is tall and inviting to the eating area.  They work great as a back drop and separator between tables and diners.

The nursery is staged with low growing plants, then taller ones and still taller ones.  I just want to say, "That is exactly what I want and I'll take the whole lot."  Of course, we realize I am without a yard at the moment so this would be completely impractical, even if I did do a roof planting. 

I was caught up at every turn by another group of plants that all complimented each other and colors that were so stunning.  We were able to walk through the actual plant hot house and saw lots of smaller versions of what was out on display.

There are archways of plants, trees pruned to grow along an arbor and animal topiary, all tucked away and amid the generous supply of common and exotic plants that are for sale. 

I think people fail to recognize the calming effect plants, flowers and trees have on us humans.  I notice it almost immediately and I have always loved going to nurseries even though many times it is for the sheer joy of sharing energies with the plants rather than to purchase them.

I met Gaytell here for breakfast on Sunday and then we strolled around the acreage of plants, flowers and trees.  This was the morning after the two incredibly hot days and it felt so wonderful just to be able to be outside in the fresh air.  I suspect even the plants were thrilled with the cooler temperatures.

I must have taken a hundred pictures and hence there are way too many for one blog.  So I will periodically place them in other blogs when I have good use for them.  There are some incredible flower pictures I want to share.

So, if you need a time away from the stresses of life, crazy heavy traffic or just time to be with yourself, may I suggest visiting your local nursery.  Meander, smell, linger, stroll and enjoy all that a nursery has to offer.  People are mostly friendly and helpful and it also seems to be a pet friendly space.  I have met several dogs as I have made my way through the rows of various flowers and plant offerings.  One just never knows what may present itself to you.




Happy Birthday, Brenda!

Happy Birthday, Holly!

Happy Birthday, Emily!

Happy Birthday, Bryan!



"If all the beasts were gone,
 
men would die

from a great loneliness of spirit,

for whatever happens to the beasts

also happens to the man.

All things are connected.

Whatever befalls the Earth

befalls the sons of the Earth."



Enjoy the beasts!  (And the plants!)

No comments:

Post a Comment