Friday, June 14, 2013

-RETURNING HOME -




My house sitting days are numbered as Millie returns from visiting family in Portland on Saturday.  The weather here was a bit on the warm side several days and now it is cooling down again.  Portland area had mid 70's and some mist and a little rain.  I am very grateful it is calmer here than what the people in the mid west have been experiencing.  Prayers to all of them.

Watering outside plants when it is warm can be a challenge.    One wants to give them the necessary water to help them grow and not so much that they almost drown.  I discovered one of the pots does not have a drain hole and hence, almost disaster.  Hopefully I discovered the situation in time and the plants will thrive once again.

Had lunch with my son and daughter-in-law recently.  I had not seen them since the painting exercise.  I must admit we all did a great job and everything looks so light and inviting.  Since it was a drastic change in color, it takes time to adjust to the new atmosphere created by the lighter color.  I love how it looks and feels.  It makes one want to just sit and relax.

Once Millie gets home we will get to the tasks that were intended when I first arrived here.  A few distractions delayed these, so baring any other unknown occurrences, we will accomplish them in good time.  Not so certain about getting the outside of the windows washed.  May have to do those another time.

So, while I was at the High-Hand Nursery, and meandering inside the little shops, Gaytrell and I came across this critter among the offerings. (The lady bugs were not real.)


Looking closer, we found it was real.  It didn't seem to mind that lots of folks were chatting and walking about.  I think he must have initially been in the sun from one of the skylights as he/she settled in for a nap.



It was also undisturbed by the closeness of my camera.  He/she looked as though it was part of the items on display and for sale.  There was no price tag so I think the price would have been excessive and the owner would have pitched a fit to find it had been sold.  I am almost certain the cat would have put up a huge fuss at being moved. 

One just never knows what will present itself in life.  I simply love what I end up discovering that is of interest to me.  I have certainly gained a huge appreciation for all of the many flowers I have seen so far.  It is fascinating just how many there are and how many I have yet to discover.

All of these lovely flowers are happily growing at the High-Hand Nursery in Loomis.



Happy Birthday, Dawn!

Happy Birthday, Cheryl!

Happy Birthday, Ellen!

Happy Birthday, Mark!

Happy Birthday, Linda!












Enjoy your life!




No comments:

Post a Comment