Thursday, June 20, 2013

- ON THE MOVE -





Well, everyone is home and accounted for.  Family surprises have been enjoyed and good times have been had by all.  I have been able to spend time with Tim and Darlene and I have made some great new discoveries.

Wing Nuts!  A premium Trail Mix & Topping.  This was found at the Farmer's Market in "The Fountains" in Roseville. It is a blend of pumpkin seeds, pure maple syrup, sunflower seeds, dried sweetened cranberries, (cranberries sugar), pecans, almonds and sea salt.  Free of any oils.  This is  simply amazing.  My new favorite snack.  I have several packages in the freezer.  (Along with chocolate chip cookie dough balls, molasses cookie dough balls and a piece of lemon meringue pie.)  All set.  Now I just need some protein.  


Millie and I came across a wonderful molasses cookie recipe that included chocolate ice cream, so one could make an ice cream sandwich.  Well, we didn't have chocolate ice cream so we used what we had.  Sea salt caramel gelato.  Goodness gracious, it was the best molasses cookie I have ever had and the added Gelato made it amazing.  Let me know if you want the recipe.  Warning:  This could be hazardous for your waist line.

I am waiting for a piece of mail, so as soon as it shows up I will be heading north.  I have been getting things ready in my home and I have made some connections while I have been here.  I have some parts to fix some drawers and just need to buy more drinking water.

For all of my previous clients, I have sold my table and supplies.  It was time and the buyer purchased it as a birthday gift for his girl friend who is studying in the profession.  It went to a good home, though it was strange to part with this item which has been a huge part of my life for over twenty years.  There is a time and place and a season for all things.

I am presently at Machado's overlooking the peach orchard with a variety that comes ripe in July.  Oh, how I wish they were ripe now.  They grow some incredibly delicious fruit here.  This is something I will truly miss.  I hope to be back in the fall when the Pink Lady apples are ripe.  Yummmm!

I was going to go to the coast while waiting for the mail and then decided to go up the hill to higher elevations and cooler temperatures until it arrives.  It seemed out of the way to go all the way to the coast and then have to backtrack.   Obviously, I will get there when I get there.  It has been a while since I have been up in the mountains here and it may be a while before I am able return to them.

I am enjoying the cool morning air, the breeze, the sounds of the song birds, the peaches working their way to ripeness and some Wing Nuts (these things are addicting!).  I am saving the molasses cookies and sea salt caramel gelato for later.  Or maybe sooner.

I miscalculated on timing and failed to get my article in on time for the June issue for the SLO Coast Journal.  So I have a head start and have already sent in July's and August's articles.  I'll let all of you know when they are published.  I was fortunate to get some beautiful sunset scenes at the central coast.  

All flower pictures were taken at High-Hand Nursery in Loomis.



Happy Birthday, Gena!

Happy Birthday, Lisa!










Enjoy your love!

No comments:

Post a Comment