Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Arroyo Grande Countryside Continued




So, here I am staying in Arroyo Grande with Megan and her husband, Malcom.
The weather has been in the mid 60's during the day and upper 40's at night.  There has been some fog in the mornings though it clears in the afternoons.  One of the things I am very aware of is the sounds of the song birds.  It is wonderful to hear them again.  They are scarce right on the coast.  And frogs and owls and hawks.  They are all abundant here.  Did I mention how peaceful it is here?  Each morning we sit out on the front porch, eating breakfast and looking out over the hills to the west, which is the picture at the top.  



Early in the morning I go for a walk between the rows and rows of various flowers that Malcom grows and sells to local florists, etc.  Few varieties are blooming right now but the ones that are, are beautiful!  I have a bouquet in my motor home.  He also has a stand at the entrance to their property where there are bouquets for people to purchase as they drive by.  Very sweet.




Before I left Morro Bay I mentioned the high surf.  Here are a few pictures of the spray from the waves hitting the rocks.  The pictures fail to truly capture the power of the surf and the force with which they crash into the rocks.  The sounds are tremendous and the mist is in the air.  




  

These stacked rocks are at the edge of Morro Rock rock parking lot.  Notice the small one off to the side.  One picture is looking toward the harbor and the other toward the bay.  Nicely done.

Rock Harmony!





Oriental Hideaway!
 The RV park where I stayed has this unique little hide away near one of the entrances.  Very oriental and charming.  And there are still flowers blooming everywhere.





At Megan's, the calla lilies are blooming.  Megan says they have pretty much bloomed all year.  They obviously love the climate, temperature and location.  The plants are huge.
I remember the ones my neighbor was attempting to grow in Auburn and they were so small in comparison.  Location, location, location.


Can you find the bees?  Don't miss the Rock!


I washed the motor home this morning and now I can see out of the windows.  It is amazing how dirty they got from driving in the rain and all of the road mist.  I wasn't sure if they were going to come clean.  My windows on the side of the RV over the dinette area and the couch look to the west and the hills. The fog on the coast is visible and because we are up high e3nough, we can see the layers of the clouds, fog, etc.  It is really nice.  

Notice the closing time on Sunday.  (Till we drop)


I just made chicken sausage and potato soup with green beans, wild rice, lentils, spinach and of course, garlic.  Smells good as it is cooking.  It is nice to have a larger kitchen to do these kinds of things.  The hawk is calling and the finches are munching at the bird feeders.  Seems as though everyone is hungry.  






I wish everyone a wonderful evening with yummy food and heartfelt people to share your time and meal.


Enjoy your views!

No comments:

Post a Comment