Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Frost on the Roof Tops



I woke up this morning to frost on the lawns, roof tops and car tops.  A little chilly start to the day for sure.  I am staying in their guest bedroom which is in the converted attic.  The entire attic now consists of a beautiful open sitting area, an office and a guest bedroom.  The bedroom window looks onto the street and it reminds me of the snow covered street in the movie "Polar Express" though without the snow.  The architecture  of the homes here are quite similar to those in the movie.  The frost helped a little this morning, however, not entirely like the scene in the movie.  I am sure everyone here is glad as they generally do not care to deal with snow.  I, having grown up in Cincinnati, love the winter snow.  I do prefer to avoid driving in it though.  




My daughter-in-law spent her entire day with me doing errands.  We have so much fun together.  It is a real treat being with her and my son.  Great dinner last night and way too much sugar in the form of truffles, chocolate bars and cookies.  I will probably need to do a lot of extra walking to counter act what I am eating.  Oh well.  There are worse things.  We are driving to Roseville's Trader Joe's to get more chocolate bars this afternoon. Great gifts.  Love Trader Joe's.




I have been so busy since I started my Adventure that my projects, clothes patching and crocheting are still waiting for my attention.  I have just been enjoying being close in nature so much that I haven't gotten to them.  I am certain I will in the days ahead when maybe the weather really encourages me to stay inside.  The good news is they will still be there for me to have fun with when it is time.

Darlene and I did more errands in the afternoon and had a wonderful lack of communication over what we were each doing.  She dropped me off at the mall to return something for her.  I thought she said she was going to do something else and then be back to pick me up.  So off I went to the store.  It took a bit longer than I thought, however, it all worked out well.  I hadn't heard from Darlene so I checked out a few stores looking for a Christmas cd.  After about half an hour I received a text from her saying how sorry she that it was taking so long.  I asked her where she was and she replied that she was in the parking lot.  I told her I was on my way and went to where she was.  

When I got in the car we discovered that she was actually waiting on me  thinking it took a long time to return her items.  We laughed so hard.  Talk about a total lack of understanding each other.  I am so glad she has such a great sense of humor and we just kept laughing over this crazy mix up.  I love that she loves and accepts me for who I am and just lets me be me without judging me or expecting me to be anything other than who I am.  

While we were at lunch, we heard of the terrible event in Connecticut.  So very sad and so very painful for all those connected to the people and school and their families.  My prayers and blessings go to all of those affected by this horrible act.  It seems that our Country needs to better work with and assist and help those with mental challenges.  It also seems to me that the displayed violence in our movies and games may be better serving to our citizens if it were less available.  I wonder if people who watch all of this violence and destruction and killing are desensitized by what they see and are unable to truly understand what is actually real and that they are responsible for their actions.  It is all very confusing to me.  

Today I am going with Darlene again to run one errand.  Then Millie is coming to pick me up and we will go back to her home.  We have plenty of Belgium chocolates and Portugal Port to enjoy.  I'm certain we will find other things to get into and enjoy.  We have gifts to wrap and cookies to make.  Much fun.  I am so very grateful for this awesome forty year friendship.  Did I mention breakfast at Mimi's?  Yum!


I am now at Millie's and we are making cookies, awesome chicken dishes, salads and all sorts of other wonderful things.  We have done many errands and it appears we are on track for her to be ready for the upcoming holidays and family fun.

On a sad note, Buster Machado, the grandson of my previous landlady in Auburn, has died as a result of an accident.  He was 21.  There is a memorial service Friday, December 21st, 2 p.m., at the Seven Day Adventest Church by Target, in Auburn.  Please say prayers and hold good thoughts for the family.  They are all devastated by this horrible tragedy.

Until my next writing, may everyone tell those they love that they love them, as often as possible.   We never know when we may never have the opportunity to do so again. 

Love, Hugs and Blessings to everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment