Thursday, December 13, 2012

In Sacramento!!!


Sea of purple flower at Tideland Park in Morro Bay


I spent Monday and Tuesday at the RV park in Morro Bay with some kind of a bug.  Felt it was best to be there rather than travel being miserable and perhaps bring bugs to my son and daughter-in-law.  Yesterday I drove in the rain for about a third of the trip and then just enjoyed the beautiful fluffy clouds the rest of the way.  This time of year is rather nice when driving on I-5.  Since it has rained, the grasses are green and lush looking (which is not the case in the blazing summer sun) and with the shadows created by the clouds, it was a lovely drive.  Wednesdays must be a slow day for trucks as there were hardly any as I was driving.  It was great.





I dropped my RV off at my friend's (Millie) house and my son came and picked me up and brought me back to their home.  It is good to see them since it has been a couple of months.  I'll spend a few days here then go back to Millie's for several more days.  I am looking forward to spending time with family and friends here.
















It feels a bit strange being in a CITY again.  All of these people and cars and traffic and congestion.  Yikes!  After being in the cozy little towns of Auburn, Cayucos, Morro Bay and Arroyo Grande, this feels really big.  I think it would be a huge stretch for me to live in a big city again.  I love the small town feel where you know most of the people there.  And most people are friendly and happy.  Much more relaxed.  And now that I am retired, I can truly appreciate this.  I wonder sometimes if I will ever settle in one place again.  Sometimes I think not and other times it kind of appeals to me.  We shall see how the Adventure goes and where I gravitate to in this amazing country.





Today I have a few errands to run that I would be challenged to do on the Central Coast.  I collected mail at my son's and have a couple of things to deal with from that.  So far, though, things are going smoothly.  I am loving my life.















I would like to say a special "Hi" to my audience in other countries.  It is fun to know that people in Germany, Poland, United Kingdom, South Korea, Bulgaria, Botswana, Ireland, Russia, China, France, Italy, Israel, etc., are following along on my Adventure.  Thanks for being with me.  






All of the flower pictures here are of the flowers in Malcolm's Oak Park Flower Farm.  It was such a joy to walk among them every morning and feel the different energies of each variety.  I attempted to help him make bouquets, however, this proved to not be one of my better talents.  I had fun though.  Maybe I just need practice.












"Respect your oneness, 
and resist any pressure to be a conformist - 
be the being you came here to be."

-  Dr. Wayne W. Dyer


I really like this saying of Dr. Dyer's.  There is a reminder of this in the flowers, as they strive to simply be the individual variety they are, leaving all the other flowers to be what they are.  This is shown in all of nature.  All we need to do is be aware, take notice and pay attention.

Enjoy your individuality!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment