Friday, December 21, 2012

Still Here!!!



One of Malcolm's palms


It is December 21st, 2012 and as far as I can see, everything is still here and accounted for.    It is, however, extremely windy and raining.  My small motor home is getting a bit of a rocking and I am enjoying the sweet sound of rain on the roof.



A big "Thank You" to Millie for all the fun times.  We shopped, cooked, made four kinds of cookie dough balls and froze them, prepared gifts, cleaned and managed her grandchildren and so many other things I failed to keep track of them.  Each night, as we were so exhausted, we sat and sipped some Port and ate a few Belgian chocolate before going to bed.  Slept well.


Malcolm's rows of flowers


Although, one morning I woke up hearing her stirring in her room.  I got up, thinking it was 5 a.m. and time to get up.  So, I got up and took my shower, brushed my teeth, dressed and fixed my hair.  When I was all put together, I stepped out of the bathroom and was surprised to see that she was standing there in her pj's.  I said, "Good Morning" (all bright and ready for the day) and she just looked at me and asked if anything was wrong.  I said no and went into the kitchen to check the time.  It was not quite 2 a.m.  

Millie explained that she had gotten up, used the bathroom, and then went back to bed.  Then she heard water and in her foggy morning head tried to figure out what the water sound was.  A running toilet, a broken pipe, the shower?  Figuring out it was not the toilet or a broken pipe, determined it was the shower and wondered why I was up taking a shower so early.  Then she thought I was sick.  She said she was so surprised to see me all wide eyed and bushy tailed and happily saying good morning.  We must have laughed for at least five minutes.  

Of course, I was not about to get undressed and go back to bed to just get up in three more hours and do it all again.  So I took my phone, book, pillow and down comforter and headed for the sofa.  I settled in to read and checked my Facebook messages and saw that my previous neighbor in Auburn had posted many pictures of Buster Machado.  I looked at them and all the clips added and sent a comment to her.  Surprisingly she responded almost immediately.  So, we chatted for about an hour about Buster and things surrounding his death.  It was so good to do this and I was very grateful I was awake so I could.  Love the workings of the Universe!

Millie and I laughed off and on for the next few days about the early morning adventure.


More of Malcolm;s flowers


I am in Auburn to attend the "Celebration of Life" ceremony for Buster Machado this afternoon.  Yesterday I visited friends at my bank, Vision's and the Machado store.  I had a great time visiting with Gaytrell and having dinner at Strings.  Later I had a wonderful conversation with Kathy.  Please keep her husband in your prayers.

More of Malcolm;s flowers


Unsure when I am heading back to the Central Coast of California, however, I am certain it is a bit warmer there.  We had a few very cold mornings in the Sacramento area.  29 degrees one morning!   Brrrr.  The weather predictions are rain and more rain through Sunday, both here and on the Central Coast.  Guess it just depends on how warm or cold I want to be while it rains.  It is at least ten degrees warmer on the coast.  Hmmm.

Must leave now for the ceremony.

May all of you be well and safe and happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment