Saturday, December 8, 2012

Malcolm's Flowers!




Malcolm grows flowers on approximately one and a half acres of land.  Few varieties are blooming right now though the ones that are blooming are beautiful.  Rows and rows of plantings.  I am unable to name most of the flowers so Malcolm fills in my blanks.










He has a slower stand at the entrance to his driveway where he sells his flowers.  His neighbors are locals in buying his flowers regularly.  I met one of the neighbors yesterday who was getting flowers for a dinner party that evening.  People pay for the flowers by putting their money in a provided box.  



















Malcolm sells most of his flowers to local florists.  After spending his morning working among the flowers, he makes his deliveries.  Check out his web site, Oak Park Flower Farm, Arroyo Grande, California.  Tell him I sent you.



Last evening Megan, Malcolm and I went to the San Luis Obispo Christmas Parade.  We had dinner first at The Natural Cafe and had a table right at the window which gave us a perfect view of the event.  There were one hundred entries, however, we left by the time fifty had gone by.  During that time there had only been three events with Christmas music.  Most strange.  The beginning of the parade consisted of Companies advertising their business.  Even a cement truck.  It was hardly something to help one get in the Christmas Spirit.  






When we arrived back at Megan and Malcolm's, the night sky was so clear that we could see stars for days.  It was stunning and beautiful.  I suspect I will need to start studying the star charts so I can identify what I am looking at in my adventures.  When I went to bed, I could hear the owls calling to each other.  I love the sound of their hoots.




This morning the hawks were very active and I heard several of them screech.  As I was walking through the rows of flowers I was unintentionally scaring the quail from under the cover of the flower bushes.  Suddenly a hawk came swooping down and attempted to snatch one of the smaller quail.  It startled me and I am certain scared the you know what out of the little quail.  And just as quickly, the hawk flew off into one of the nearby trees. Certainly got my attention.  






The frogs were also very noisy this morning.  They are in the undercover close to my motor home.  So as I am doing my thing, they are providing the music.  They sound as though they are huge though I think they are probably very little.  I have yet to see any of them.







This evening we are going to the Morro Bay Lighted Boat Parade.  I have been to this when I lived here, so I have no idea what to expect.  Hopefully it will have a bit more of a Christmas theme.  It was quite magical when I have gone in the past.  It was supposed to be held last Saturday, however, they had to reschedule to this weekend due to rain.

Today is another stellar beautiful day.  Thank you, Universe!





"Where flowers grow, so does hope."


-  unknown

Enjoy the flowers!


No comments:

Post a Comment