Thursday, December 27, 2012

Moon and Sun




Last night the clouds cleared and with a bit of mist in the air, the moon was bathed and surrounded by an amazing rainbow colored halo.  It was beautiful.  There was a star (or planet) away and up from the moon and it created a most magical scene.  I was looking at it between two evergreens and I could have gazed at it for hours had it been a little warmer.  I could see my breath as the temperature dropped for the night.  As it was, I was only able to be out there for a short time.  It was magnificent!  (This is the best picture my phone could take.)




Google Image


This morning I awoke to a clear and beautiful day.  A few fluffy clouds scattered about just drifting around in the sky.  It was cold early in the day and as long as I was standing in the sun, it was wonderful.  Not quite shirt sleeve weather, yet able to leave the coat inside.  One of the cars driving into the store parking lot, hoping to buy some goodies, had a huge load of snow on the top.  It must have been quite a night over the mountains.  The air is always so fresh after it rains (or snows).   Very cleansing and refreshing.  



Thank all of you who included Kathy's husband and family in your prayers.  He is recovering from surgery and getting stronger every day.  It is a process.  She stopped by today and we visited for a while.  I will spend more time with her and her daughter tomorrow.  




Morro Bay flowers!


Patty, please wish Stu a "Happy Birthday" from me.  Hope to see you two in February!  Hope you had a great trip to Ohio.






Google image 
If any of you are awake tomorrow morning (December 28, 2012) at 5:21 a.m., you can witness the Full Cold Moon.  Unless the weather changes here we should be able to see it.  My Mom used to love full moons and I suspect this is where I get my fascination with the moon, planets and stars.  One of these days I may even study and learn about them.




"Your purpose in life isn't to arrive at a destination where you find inspiration, 
just as the purpose of dancing isn't to end up at a particular spot on the floor.
The purpose of dancing - and of life - 
is to enjoy every moment and every step, 
regardless of where you are when the music ends."
-  Dr. Wayne W. Dyer


I think you can all see that I am a huge fan of Dr. Dyer.  I truly enjoy his insights.

Enjoy your steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment