Monday, December 31, 2012

Visiting the Beloved Orchard!


This is a great creation by Millie's granddaughter, Lily.  Lily gave it to me before I came up to Auburn.  It holds a very special place, in my cup holder, so I can talk to it while I am driving.  It keeps me company.








And this snowman art by Lily has both snow and snow flakes.  I feel very privileged to be the recipient of an new and upstart artist.  It is right next to my door so I see it all of the time.  Lily is eight and is very talented.










Yesterday the sun was shining and almost warm.  A most welcome change from the previous cold,windy and wet days.  Being outside for some fresh air and having soup and coffee with Gaytrell was a good break from hiding out with my cold.  I am gong to make it!


This past two weeks everything seemed disjointed.  Buster's death, the service, helping in the Machado store and dealing with the cold, rainy and windy weather all contributed to my not knowing the day or date.  Then the cold thing added to my confusion.  So now I see that the new year is almost upon us.  How quickly this year has passed.  Many amazing events have been a part of my life and others.  Recapping would take too long.


So, I will express my gratitude for all of my experiences this past year.  And I know they will have an impact on what this next year may bring.  All I can say is that most of my plans have resulted in different events than I originally thought.  Particularly at this time when I planned to be at the Central Coast, only to be able to spend some more time at the beloved orchard for a little while.  I had eight truly wonderful years here and will always remember this place with happiness.  My next four weeks here will be a joy.  Walking in the orchard is very peaceful, especially now as the trees are dormant and resting for the winter.

It is now Monday morning and another sun shiny day, however it is very nippy.  I accomplished getting all of the laundry done.  The laundromat here is very clean and the nicest people work there.  They even showed me how to do my laundry for less.  Love that.  The sweatshirts are hanging up to dry in the motor home and the bed is made and ready for me tonight.  I have a mattress warmer that I turn on about half an hour before I climb (literally) in for the night and then I turn it off.  I also put my pj's between the sheets so they are warm to put on.  Everything is pretty cozy and comfortable.





This is the last of the plaques I took pictures of yesterday.  It is a sad kind of funny as to how true this is.






"A friend is one of the nicest things you can have,
 and one of the nicest things you can be."

- Douglas Pagels

Enjoy your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment