Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Snowflakes!!!



The past two days I have helped the Machado's in their store.  This is one of their busiest times of the year (other than Thanksgiving) and it just seemed the best thing for me to do. So, helped people coming in for their Christmas pies, gathering fresh produce, picking up homemade tamales and other goodies.  It was a strained time for the family as they did their best throughout these days, while still struggling to deal with the loss of a most treasured family member.





There were many people who came into the store that were unaware of the loss and I watched as the family recounted the tragic event over and over again.  Most people were so compassionate, though a few, perhaps unable to deal with the news, were a bit curt because some of the supplies they wanted were no longer available.  All in all, it was an honor to have shared this time with them and hopefully brought them some sort of comfort.




It rained, almost unforgivingly, all day Sunday.  A beautiful sunny day yesterday and now, today,  it is raining and cold again.  Today I helped the family close the store down until mid May when cherries are ripe.  (I will be back then since their cherry pies are amazing.)  There is a winter storm advisory for the area here and I imagine the highway is closed again over the summit.  I am so grateful for my little home on wheels and that I am snug and stationary.  It is giving me a chance to catch up on many things that have been neglected.  Nothing important, thankfully.




My Son is letting me use his car while I am here on the Machado property.  (Thanks Gaytrell, for taking me to Sacramento to pick it up.)  What a blessing this is, so I can now use it to run errands, make it to the laundromat, get groceries, visit friends, etc.  I expect to be here until almost the end of January.  I just love how plans made, keep changing.  Who knows where I will be in February!  Just have to wait and see.  It is turning out that part of this Adventure is the mystery of what is next.  I love it!





I ran into Susan (well, I didn't really run into her) a few days ago in Target.  What a wonderful surprise to see her.  I am looking forward to seeing many others I know here before I travel on.  I am so blessed to be here and loving all of the aspects of my Adventure.  Thank you, Universe for guiding me through all of my life.






My Son and Daughter-in-Law will be returning home from Hawaii midnight Wednesday and I will get to see them (or at least my daughter-in-law) on Saturday.  I have a Machado pumpkin pie, Pink Lady apples and mandarins for them, all of which are probably unavailable in Hawaii. There are good things to be said for all we grow on the mainland.  Maybe pineapples someday.  






"Friendship is the golden thread that 
ties all hearts together."

-  Unknown

Enjoy your golden thread!

All images are from Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment