Thursday, December 27, 2012

Rain and Laughter!

Google image




This picture reminds me of the street where I lived, only there is an orchard to the left
 and no leaves on the tree right now.  A Google image.
Another night and morning of rain.  It sort of rocked me to sleep last night, once I felt I wasn't going to get blown away.  Very strange rain drop sounds on the roof last night.  It almost sounded as though there was a little critter running around up there.  Most strange.  This morning it is much more gentle, though it is still rather cold.  The weather prediction is more of the same, off and on, until New Year's Day.  I wonder what that means...


Machado's Oak Tree


Many of my family members are back east right now and definitely experiencing some weather.  Those from Ohio are in Virginia and may be staying put for a while.  I don't have TV access right now so I am just relying on what I am hearing from them and the internet.  Other family members are in North Carolina and then traveling to Washington State.  May all of your travels be safe.



Google image


Google image

This will be another day of packing up the items in the store.  Everything must be put away until May.  Some things will go in the freezer and perishable items will be donated and some items will be eaten.  I picked a few remaining Pink Lady apples from the trees this morning.  It was drizzling and cold.  There are still some on the trees that I may pick later in my stay here.  Gary gave me some mandarins, so I am in heaven with the produce.  A good change from all of the sugar.  
The real deal



Here are a couple of plaques that Millie has in her kitchen.  They remind me that I am currently out of wine  and may have to make a trip to the store to see what may be available.  I just spoke with someone in Sacramento and they told me it is sunny there.  It is amazing what a difference thirty miles and a thousand feet of elevation can make.  I think the wine can wait until the weather is a bit less wet.



And just for good measure, here is what is etched on the inside of my Chiropractor's bathroom door.  I love this!   







Enjoy your Laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment