Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Arroyo Grande Countryside



Pictures tomorrow.  I am currently in Arroyo Grande staying at my good friends, Megan and Malcom's, home .  Megan and I shared an office space together ten years ago when I lived in Morro Bay.  Now they are growing flowers and all kinds of things on several acres.  It is so calm here and very peaceful.

I drove here on Sunday in the rain.  It was an interesting adventure going up their driveway in the dark and doing my best to get parked and sort of level.  Considering the conditions I did rather well.  Though I did get it more level the next morning.  Yesterday and today were lovely.  She showed me the property at the top of the hill where we walked and are able to see the ocean and the town of Pismo Beach.  Stunning.  We didn't see the cows that roam the one hundred acres however, saw many signs of their presence.  There are some spectacular homes in the area.

I finally was able to get a scrub brush to clean the motor home and had to get a newer and higher amp extension cord so my RV would function at its best.  I seem to learn something new every day about this new home.  I am loving it all.  Now tomorrow I will clean the RV and add pictures to the blog.  I am currently on Megan's computer so it is not easy  for me to get the pictures to the blog.

I miss the high energy of the ocean.  The two days before I moved on it was raining and the surf was super high.  It was sending major waves over the breakwater rocks that were so beautiful.  It was funny though that every time I would go walking in full rain gear, it wouldn't rain.  If I just wore rain repellent gear, it rained.  And when I wore the rain gear I would be wet on the inside.  So, I have decided that no rain gear because I am going to be wet anyway. 

Found a new cookie company in Cambria.  The Red Moose Cookie Company.  They are good though I still prefer the cookies from the Brown Butter Cookie Company in Cayucos.  I have to remember to get some gluten free cookies to bring home for my Daughter-In-Law.  I am sure there must be some special cookie company here in Arroyo Grande so I shall check with Megan. 

Megan and I have had some great quality time together.  Her mother passed the day before Thanksgiving and we have shared stories and such.  She is doing well.  Usually when I visit this area, we only have a few hours to spend catching up and now we have several days and I am very excited for this.  We had a lot of experiences the two and half years I was here.  So it is always great to spend time talking about all that has changed in our lives.  A good friend.

So, be well, all of you out there is blog land and hopefully I'll be back on track with pictures and stories soon.

Enjoy your special space!




No comments:

Post a Comment