Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bushy Hair Days

Early morning sunrie!


This morning my walk was early due to the incoming storm.  It was windy and the Coast Guard had two red flags flying in the Harbor.  All the fishermen are hunkered in for the day.  The water in the Harbor is very choppy and active and I could feel the energy as the weather changed. 


Getting Ready to Rain Soon!
So when one knows the day is going to be a weather day, what is a person to do?  Go to the French Bakery before it all happens and buy some comfort food.  (This is way too simple, since it is on my way back home.)  That would be some cookies and a danish.  I will ration them.  I think!  I was only about a block from my motor home when it began to drizzle.  Thankfully, the bakery goods arrived home safely.


When people are out in the elements, such as today, with wind and dampness, hair can be an interesting phenomenon.  Some of us have hair that simply goes wild.  Totally uncontrollable.  And sometimes almost scary.  This morning was one of those days for me.  I finally pulled my hood up so people wouldn't be frightened and therefore kind of disguised myself at the same time.  I call these days my bush woman days.  Very similar to the few days just before my next hair cut.  


Bumper sticker in the window of a local shop:  "Destination Unknown"



Beautiful Geranium at Morro Dunes!
This morning was also a great dog fix day.  As one gentleman put it, "Getting your dog fix without all the other stuff."  Works for me.  For the moment at least.  It has been a long time since "Sunshine" passed on and I have been waiting for the next four footed friend to arrive.  So, for now, I enjoy all of the dogs that are with others.  Little ones, big ones, white ones, black ones, friendly ones, not so friendly ones and all the rest.  Maki and Annie were along my path this morning.  Awesome!!!


"Sail Away From The Safe Harbor
Catch The Trade Winds In Your Sail,
Explore, Dream, Discover....."
-  Mark Twain


This is a plaque on a park bench near the center of town which is in remembrance of someone who had lived and died here.  I think it is also a subtle message for me to venture forth from this beloved place and see what I see.  I have walked past this bench almost every day since I have been here and this morning is the first time I actually looked at what the plaque said.  Hmmmm!





Enjoy your Exploration!

No comments:

Post a Comment