Friday, November 9, 2012

Farmers Market


A Friend posted this on my Facebook page.  i think it says it all!

Yesterday I went to the Morro Bay Farmers Market next to Spencer's Store.  It has been at least ten years since I had been to it and I was amazed.  It has grown ten fold.  Fresh, locally grown veggies and fruits, 100% grass fed beef, Organic Pastures with their kefir, milk, butter, etc., someone who makes gluten free fresh homemade soups, flowers and so many other goodies.  If I had a larger refrigerator (and  motor home) I would have gotten more than I did.  My neighbor in the RV park drove me, for which I am very grateful.  I would have been alright walking to it, however, the walking back with all the produce would have been interesting.  I will do this every Thursday afternoon while I am here.  Love it!!!  There was also a man selling dry watermelons that are grown without water.  Wonderful.

I then did a treat for myself and got a pedicure.  I didn't realize just how much dead skin I had gathered on the bottoms of my heels.  I was certain that any minute she would produce blood.  Thankfully, just dead skin.  Next week I think I will go to the Asian foot massage place in town and check them out.  Others have said good things about them.  I also heard there is a facility in San Luis Obispo that does a one hour massage for $39, if you go before noon.  Might have to consider this too.  So much to do.

After the pedicure I went to the French Bakery down by the Embarcadero and picked up some goodies for friends of Chris that will be helping me with my motor home battery.  They were going to come over this morning and help me check it, though the rain could delay their visit.  Chris has been so helpful with things on the motor home.  She has a coach also and is really very knowledgeable about all of this.  Being here has been good as I get more comfortable with my new home.  All good.



Last evening I was watching the news on TV and heard this funny tinkling water sound.  All I could think was "What is leaking?"  Turns out it was rain as it was making its way through the tracks that take the water away from the coach.  What a relief and surprise.  The roof sounds for rain  in the motor home are very much different than in a house.  The rain is right overhead.  It sprinkled off and on all night and is doing the same this morning.  This is one of those gentle and steady rains which I love.  I think the prediction is for this to occur off and on all day today and part of tomorrow.  We shall see.  I wonder how my friends have fared in the foothills east of Sacramento.





Please include Megan and her Mom 
(who is very close to passing) 
in your prayers.
Thank you.  




Taken from the grand tradition of Art Linkletter's "Kids say the darndest things."

What you can learn from children!


There is no such thing as child-proofing your house.

If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades,
they can ignite.

A four year old's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan the motor is not strong enough
to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing underwear and a superman cape.

It is strong enough, however, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 by 20 foot room.

Baseballs make marks on ceilings.

You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on.

When using the ceiling fan as a bat you have to throw
the ball up a few times before you get a hit.

A ceiling fan can hit a ball a long way.

The glass in windows (even double pane)
doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

Enjoy your Farmers Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment