Monday, November 5, 2012

Chats!


Yesterday I accomplished the walk to the beach plus getting laundry done.  Most excellent!

My favorite bench to occupy at the Morro Rock beach has proven to be insightful.  Today I had a delightful chat with a gentleman who is a professional photographer.  He travels around the world taking pictures of just about everything, I think.  We discussed politics, spirituality, the recent devastation of the east coast and much more.  He had to head back to Los Angeles and after his departure, I sat and watched the ever changing activity of the waves, birds and people.  I am thinking I will set up shop on this little bench and see just what the Universe brings my way.

I took a long walk on the beach this morning (and it is a fair distance to the beach) and was able to do so barefoot.  It was 80 degrees by 11 a.m.  Surfers, fishermen, pedestrians like myself and dogs.  All of us simply enjoying this piece of heaven.   This was before the bench time.  All good.

It is interesting to be aware of whether people I pass on the street will say "Hi" back to me or not.  If someone keeps their eyes down, pretty much a no response.  Some people smile and others avoid eye contact.  Most of the locals are friendly and greetings are sometimes offered before I can get mine out.  I guess this could be a study in social behavior.  Although, I think I have plenty of other things to focus on right now.  Anyway, it is interesting and curious.

It calls to mind that this morning when I went to sit on my bench this gentlemen was already sitting there and using a tripod to steady his camera while he took pictures.  I asked him if it was alright if I sat down and he replied "No problem, of course."  I sat as still as possible so as not to disrupt his progress by my causing movement of the bench.  We sat in silence for quite a while as he was busy clicking away and then he initiated conversation.  So, one just never knows whether people want to talk to you or not.  I think I am available for conversation most of the time.  Though there are times when the hermit in me sneaks out and I become a marvelous recluse.  I have to pay close attention to this one.  It is vary easy for me to go into hiding.  Gotta watch that.


This plaque was in the Wampum Trading Post and it looks as though it may be a Crow saying.  Hard to read.  It seems to say it all.  We just need to realize this and respond accordingly.  Others have said, "What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?"  It seems one only need look inside to discover what it is you love doing and do it.  Sounds very simple.  I think it is, as long as we block out the outside distracting noises.  Trust ones self and do our best.  This is all we can do anyway.

Enjoy your greatness!

No comments:

Post a Comment