Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sheets!

In the upper right hand corner you can see the sun shining on  Morro Rock!





Are you ready for this?  There is a clothes line here at the RV park, which means my sheets are in the washing machine as I type.  Since today is predicted to be another beautiful sunny day, and the next seven days are not so much, this is the perfect time to do them.  How excited am I?  Very much, thank you.  I'll take a picture once they are on the line.

Pictures done and this feels great.  How wonderful to be able to sleep on fresh sunshine dried sheets again.  It has been over a month.  This is probably one of the few RV parks that has this available for its customers.  Grateful!



Once everything is hung up I think I will go check out the health food store about five blocks away.  I am hearing good things about it and hope to find some good, local produce.  There also is a farmers market on Main street every Saturday evening, which I missed last week. The city closes the entire block for vendors.   As I remember, it is usually great and sometimes the local fishermen sell fresh fish.  Awesome.  The health food store also opened a small cafe as part of the store, so I want to see what that is all about.  I am looking forward to seeing all ted they have.

The area I left in the foothills is predicting to possibly get snow the end of this week.  Wow, to go from the 80's to cold enough for snow in a few days can reek havoc on the body systems.  Having experienced this many times, I remember how difficult it can be.  There are less extremes here on the central coast.  It can get rough here too though a bit easier to deal with.  And less changes with the seasons.  Right on the coast are few trees that turn the amazing autumn colors.  This is one of the things I miss when I am here.

Baking chicken this morning, since it will be warm today.  I also have some frozen cookie dough balls that I may as well bake now too.  My friend of almost forty years and I made these a while back and I am down to my almost last batch.  When I go back to the Sacramento area in December, she and I will make more so we both have a good stash in our freezers.  Fresh baked cookies sound yummy. 

 I brought my toaster oven with me because the oven in the motor home is a bit on the small side.  This way I have an appliance that helps with multiple tasks.  I am very attached to it.  I discovered that the rubberized shelf lining material works great for securing items on counter tops while traveling.  Things stay on the mats and nothing slides.  This way I can leave most things out while traveling rather than attempting to find a safe place to store them.  Safe storage space is at a premium in my home.  So far though, so good.

The little health food store here has grown and expanded and added a full cafe.  It is wonderful to see all they have done and added.  They have limited, though great, fresh locally grown produce.  So for dinner, steamed fresh Brussels sprouts and zucchini along with a piece of chicken and some pineapple.   

Ah!  Wonderful food, clean sunshine dried sheets on the bed, 73 degrees and sunny and life is good.  Thank you, Universe!

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
-  William Shakespeare

Enjoy all that you receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment