Saturday, November 24, 2012

Too Many People!


The wind has calmed and the view of the rock from the back bay is very peaceful.  I have found though that I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the people in town.  They are everywhere.  My usual haunts where I have been able to sit and enjoy where I am, have been taken over by hundreds or maybe thousands of people.  The RV park is full, the streets are congested, and heaven help anyone trying to get into any of the little local shops.  They are all full with waiting lines.  For the most part, everyone has been well behaved and respectful of others.  But here is the really good news.  Most of them will go home tomorrow, which means Monday I am anticipating a more calm and peaceful environment. Thank goodness.  It exhausts me.



I wonder if any of them even noticed the painted, ceramic tile and otherwise decorated waste containers scattered throughout town.  Hopefully, they at least use them.  I wonder if any of them noticed the sea otter again lazing about in the harbor.  I wonder if any of them saw the pelicans basking in the sun on the rocks in the harbor.  I wonder if anyone feels the hunger of the pelicans.  I wonder if any of them paid any attention to the iridescent cormorant.  It is rather difficult to miss the seals since they seem to be everywhere and make such a racket with their barking and other loud noises.  And I'm most certain they see the rock.  I wonder if anyone feels the energy of the rock.  


I think that since I am working on increasing my awareness of what is around me and recognizing the various energies emanating from so many things, I have noticed how some people seem to simply coast through this most sacred area.  So this causes me to pay even closer attention.  To just stop and feel.  I am doing better.  Almost every day I have a greater sense of what I feel in different areas.  And having more compassion for life.

Today I am spending more time in my motor home and avoiding the commotion of all of the visitors.  I'll go for another short walk later, perhaps early evening.  Right now it is 69 degrees, clear, sunny and absolutely beautiful.  I think though that if I attempted to do laundry, it would either get foggy or start to rain.  Not really.  

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language."
-  Martin Buber

Enjoy the speaking of a great language!



No comments:

Post a Comment