Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Repaired

Jade plant with flowers.


Ah, it always feels so good when things that are broken or perhaps failing to function as designed or desired are restored to a better state.  Yesterday  I waited for the RV repair person to arrive and give me an assessment of what my issues actually were.  I discovered a small roof leak the last time it rained and felt this needed to be dealt with before the next rain which is due tomorrow.  


Beautiful rose
I also had him check the refrigerator door and a few other issues.  The good news is that they were all easy fixes without having to take the unit apart and put it back together again.  Minor expenses, more labor that anything else.  (I can now open the refrigerator door free of the fear of it falling off.)  Thank you, Universe.  



Lovely Fuschia
Since I ended up taking my motor home to the repair shop, afterwards I went ahead and drove to Cambria, stopping at the Main Street Cafe for one of their wonderful grilled salmon sandwiches.  I haven't had one in several years and it was just as good as I remember.  I then drove on up Highway 1 and checked out the elephant seal beach.  Pups that were born last year were there, along with a few large males who are waiting for the arrival of the the females who will come ashore sometime around Christmas to give birth.  



Orange and Maroon are a great combination



It was another beautiful day and the winds were calm.  A great day to view the seals as they simply just lay there.  However, within a month the entire scene will change and it will be crazy busy for them.  It is a great time to visit here and watch one of Mother Nature's most spectacular events,  at her best.  


Tomorrow is a full moon.  It is a clear sky at the present so I took this picture that shows the moom at the top.  There was a bit of a cloud at the bottom of it and had rainbow colors in it.  Very pretty.  I am curious to see if the storm will have cleared by the time the moon will be visible tomorrow evening.  We shall see.



All of the flower pictures in this post were taken today at the Morro Dunes RV Park and Service Center.  While Phillip was playing around on the roof of my motor home, making sure everything was sealed, I meandered around the flora.  


"When you long for blessings that you may not name,
and when you grieve knowing not the cause,
then indeed you are growing with all things that grow
and rising toward your greater self."
-  taken from the book
-  Sand and Foam
-by Kahlil Gibran


Enjoy your greater self!

No comments:

Post a Comment