Friday, November 2, 2012

Good Morning, Sunshine!

Oh, to wake up to sunshine is very nice.  It is a little windy, but who cares! 

This pelican was cleaning and drying it's feathers after an early morning breakfast.  Notice it has a white head and neck.  I think this indicates he is a mature adult.





This morning seemed to be about all things pelican.  They were in places I had not seen them before.  There are several docks at the shore line with piers that extend out in the harbor.  The shore line is covered with large rocks, or boulders, as I see them.  Several days ago there were lots of seals hanging out on the rocks.  Today, however, it was the pelicans who were gathered in the sun, drying and cleaning their feathers.  They were most courteous with each other being respectful of each others space.  No one was complaining to the other about taking up too much room.  It was great to see how they were simply there, doing their thing, and honoring their neighbors.




This seal was looking at the pelicans as if to say, "Which one of you would like to be my next meal?"  One of the pelicans actually hissed/squawk at him.  And the rest just ignored him.  He got the message and swam off, after some fish, I would imagine.


The pelicans were very active this morning.  Flying overhead, I paid close attention to avoid being in their blast zone.  Of course, I'm unclear how one does this since you never know for sure when the event will occur.  Anyway, I was successful.


This is the view of Morro Rock while standing at the end of the North "T" Pier in the harbor.  The rock almost appears to be floating on the water.  This was an exceptionally calm and clear scene.  


And this is just to show what is going on above the rock.  Change is eminent.  Shortly after this was taken, the wind came up.
Just heard from my friends who sold the Motel, and their escrow just closed on their new residence.  Needless to say, they are excited.  The plan is to move them Sunday or Monday.  This is such great news for them.  I think I am just as excited as they are.

Very grateful to hear from my brother and family living in Virginia and that they escaped the major wrath of Sandy.  He said they had a little water leakage around one window and a tree was down in the common area, along with a few roof shingles.  Their cleanup and repairs will be much less and easier than those in New York and New Jersey.  Again, prayers to all those affected by the hurricane.  

We were fortunate to have zero effects from the 7.7 magnitude earthquake along the coast of British Columbia, Canada on October 28th.  There was so much news coverage on the hurricane that I saw nothing on the earthquake.  From what I read on the USGS site, there was little damage and they ended the tsunami warning not too long after it was issued.  Lots going on, that is for sure.

While I was out on the pier a member of the Harbor Patrol, who I am friends with, came by and we caught up on everything (well, maybe not everything) that has been going on here.  I got to know him fairly well when I used to live here.  A really nice young man who was extremely helpful and readily disbursed his knowledge.  I always enjoy talking with him and it was great to even get a chance to see him now.  I love coincidences.  

A gift from a friend

Enjoy your wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment