Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Group Hug



A few days ago I was walking down Main Street in the early morning hours (before 7:30 a.m.) and was watching as four lovely young women were coming toward me.  They appeared to be in their early to mid twenties and were chatting and laughing with each other.  It was very sweet to watch.  Since the sidewalk is only wide enough to handle the four of them, I was curious how we would pass each other.  And then they split in the middle so I could continue.

Then I did a very odd thing.  I extended out my arms and said something similar to, "We all need a group hug."  Well, they jumped at this opportunity and we were all hugging each other in a circle of five in the middle of the sidewalk.  I looked at each of their stunning, shining and vibrant faces and felt as though I was hugging my niece who is in England.  (Love you, Jen!)  Each of them was kind of sighing "Ahh!"  It was one of those spontaneous moments that I chose to seize.  I am so glad I did and I feel they were grateful as well.  I told them how beautiful they all are and wished them well for their day.  All I can is, "Wow!"  Very moving and powerful.  I felt so blessed.  I am so blessed.



So, today I walked out to the rock and sat on my bench watching the surfers catching waves, and the tourists running and playing on the beach.  And I felt that same wonderful feeling as I did with those four wonderful women.  It is so difficult for me to put it in words because words fail when it comes to feeling Spirit within and sharing it with others.  As I am trying to type this, tears of great gratitude are all over everywhere.  I have so much to be grateful for and it will take me the rest of my life to speak it all.  I may have to continue on into the after life.

So I will continue to increase my awareness of what I am feeling and the thoughts that run or walk through my head.  I will pay attention to what I see in others and the beauty of nature all around me here.  Last night the air was moving on shore so the fog horn could be heard very clearly and so could the waves on the shore.  It all sounded so close, almost as though I was camping right on the beach.  I woke up this morning to fog and high overcast, only to have it all clear away by 9 a.m.   Now it is beautiful, sunny and warm.  



The small town of Morro Bay is being filled up now with the Thanksgiving Day visitors.  I will make my morning walks much earlier so it can be in relative peace.  The Embarcadero and Main Streets will be full and congested with cars and pedestrians and many with their four legged friends.  This part is good for me because then I get my dog fixes which I love.  There are several here in the RV park that have befriended me and so I get to love all over them.  Awesome.

The Four Agreements

by don Miguel Ruiz

Excerpt from the back cover of this book.

"In The Four Agreements don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering.  Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, The Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness and love."



"In the tradition of Castaneda, Ruiz distills essential Toltec wisdom, expressing with clarity and impeccability what is means for men and women to live as peaceful warriors in the modern world."
-  Dan Millman, Author
Way of the Peaceful Warrior




Happy Birthday, Megan!
Prayers to you and your family.










Love, Hugs and Blessings to all of my family and my dear friends.


Enjoy your seized moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment