Saturday, November 17, 2012

Rain Drops

Sunset the Previous Night

Yesterday was a rather nice day with a few sprinkles.  The walk to the boat launch area provided another dead pelican near the fish cleaning station.  Reported it to the Harbor Patrol Office.  It had been removed by this morning.  

During the night it rained.  I describe the sound on the motor home roof as the sound one hears when listening to a native american rain stick.  A very pleasant sound to sleep by.  If you have never heard one, they are almost musical.  The semi  hollowed out tree branches are made with putting either small pebbles, beans or rice inside.  The ends are sealed and when it is turned on its end, the items inside slowly work their way to the bottom making a very magical sound (similar to rain).  A great item that can be handmade.  Check it out on Wikipedia.  
 
Sunset as it faded
I took a long walk this morning.  It was just sort of misting and so I wore my rain resistant jacket with a hood.  Well, needless to say, it rained for almost my entire walk.  My rain resistant jacket did the best job it could and then relented.   My jacket, shoes,  clothes and me were soaked by the time I got home.  Why is it though, that the back of my pants were still dry?  I wonder if I walked backwards if that would change anything.  I doubt I will attempt this.  I do good just walking forward.  When I got back home I retrieved by rain gear and boots from one of the outside storage compartments.  I am ready now!


Gull posing with my rock
This morning at the rock, on the harbor side, there were about nine sea otters wrapped in kelp and resting/sleeping.  Apparently they were either tired from their early morning breakfast, or patiently waiting out the rain.  I think neither.  Just hanging out.  On the bay side there were again about thirty surfers.  They are wet anyway, so rain matters very little to them.  As the tide was coming in, the surfers had some fairly good waves to catch.  Occasionally I could see a dolphin in the surf with them.  What a joyous thing to see.

While I was on my walk there were very few people out there joining me.  Though I am certain the holiday visiting tourists will be arriving soon.   I did come across the couple that assisted me with some motor home issues. They brought me a bottle of very nice red wine, which I have been enjoying. 

Now, since I finished showering and hung the wet clothes up to dry, the sun is playing hide and seek in between the off and on sprinkles.  So, I think I will either read or work on some of my projects.  I still have my mending to do, which apparently is not a priority or I would have gotten to it by now.  Eventually I will want to wear those pants.  

Pelican enjoying the sun before the fishermen come to clean their fish.

The Four Agreements

by Don Miguel Ruiz

Agreement #2

"Don't Take Anything Personally!"

"Nothing others do is because of you.  What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.  When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering."

Enjoy your immunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment