Friday, November 23, 2012

Iridescence!

This is a real plant outside one of the shops on the Embarcadero!


Today seems to be all about iridescence.  It started at the bay side of the rock while I was watching the surfers catching waves.  The wind was blowing causing a spray of water on the back side of each wave.  The sun was shinning and the sprays of water had the most wonderful rainbow colors in them.  The water was deep blue with the white foam of the crashing wave and then the spray off the back  filled with iridescent rainbow colors.  Most spectacular.  I think this is the first time I have ever seen it this way.  I like it.



Another view of the same plant!


I sat with a nice young man who is just now relocating back to this area after being in Portland for the past eight years.  He said he had forgotten how beautiful it was here and was thrilled just to be able to be outside in the sunshine.  He was taking pictures of his brother surfing.  I wasn't clear on how he was able to tell which one was his brother since they are quite a distance from where we were sitting.  He obviously has better eyes than I.



Buds getting  ready to bloom!

As I was walking on the Embarcadero I saw this beautiful cormorant sitting on the rocks in the harbor.  He/she was black and glowing iridescent green, blue and purple.  There was a pigeon on one of the docks near the cormorant which was grey with an iridescent magenta neck.  And then a hummingbird with many iridescent colors flew by on his/her way to gather nectar from some blooming flower.  The temperatures are warm enough for the butterflies to be out and flying around.  Nature and mystical colors everywhere.  My kind of day.  



The log looking thing near the top is the sea otter.

There was even a sea otter lazing around in the harbor close to where several pelicans sit to dry themselves and clean their feathers.  There apparently wasn't any seaweed for him to wrap up in as he kept drifting with the movement of the water and so he had to continually reposition himself.  I think this is the first time I have ever seen a sea otter do this so close to the rocks of the harbor shore.  Maybe I just wasn't there when they did so.

Visitors are up and about everywhere.  Most of the stores open at 11:00 a.m., so there are only a few shops open to them.  That would be eateries, coffee places and the french bakery, of course.  It was very busy this morning.  Didn't I say I was going to avoid this wonderful shop?  Humm!

I have been seeing and loving on many dogs lately.  An awesome Golden Retriever this morning.  Maybe one is on it's way to me right now.  That would be lovely.  When it is time.  I am being patient.  

There are places on this earth where  I experience different feelings.  Morro Bay in one of the places where I seem to experience deep feelings of nature.  I get this overwhelming sense of joy, bliss, happiness, calm, peace and knowing.  St. Timothy's Catholic Church is also one of these places here.  I can simply walk up to the front doors and become emotional.  It almost feels as though it is sacred ground.  There are areas on the beach, on  the Embarcadero and along several streets that bring me this same sensation.  There is something so magical and mystical about this area.  I am certain this is why I want to stay.   At the moment, though, I think I will be heading to the Sacramento area early December for minor repairs to the motor home and to visit family and friends.  


"Keep your sense of proportion by regularly, preferable daily, visiting the natural world."

- Caitlin Matthews


Enjoy your sense of proportion!

No comments:

Post a Comment