Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pelicans


This pelican and I had some deep conversations.  He was about seven feet away from me and was doing a lot of drying and cleaning his feathers.  Then he stopped and just looked at me.  Very cool.  A friend called and as we chatted, the pelican moved to the railing to the right and squatted down in a resting position about five feet away.  So, I chatted and the pelican and I continued to watch each other, until some dogs came by causing the pelican to take flight.  


I was near the boat launch area and the pelicans, gulls and various other birds wait for the fishermen to return and clean their catch at the cleaning station that is provided.  




And these were resting on top of the fish waste dumpster.  A bit less anxious as those in the other picture.  I like the resting position of the pelican on the left.  Sometimes they will also turn their head around and rest their head on their back facing the opposite direction.  I wonder if I could do that?  Nope.



Wind came up during the night, waking me often.  The good news is everything held together and is in tact.  Thank you.  It was very windy this morning as I went to return some unused sewer hose connector parts to the hardware store.  I have no idea why I bothered to kind of fix my hair.  It only took minutes for the wind blown look to take over.

On my way back I wandered through the area my friends are moving to and ran into a few of their new neighbors.  Chatted for a while and then returned home.  I had a lengthy and wonderful phone conversation with my daughter-in-law.  I am so grateful she is in my life.

I actually have a bit of a sunburn on my face from the time outside yesterday.  Today looks just as promising.  This is unless I choose to do laundry.  Hummm.  Time outside or doing laundry.  I'll let you know later which won out.  I know what I would rather do.  


Well, he is cleaning, so I guess so can I.  



Enjoy wherever you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment