Thursday, November 1, 2012

Soup, Sun, Fog!

A sweet pot of flowers that almost glow in the fog.


Love the coast.  Woke to soup where one could barely see their hand in front of them.  Within an hour the sun came out and it was a beautiful sun shiny day.  Before long, fog covered everything.   Looks as though it will be soup tonight.

What I thought I would do today became something entirely different.  The sewer hose from the motor home to the sewer connection sprang a leak, in the middle of the hose.  Very strange.  Anyway, it took several trips to various RV parts stores to get everything back in working order.  It actually took the owner of another RV park which has a service and parts section, to figure out how to solve my dilemma.  Apparently the connector at the motor home end is unusual, so it took some good ole' yankee know how to come up with the solution.  Thank you, God!  Spent almost all day taking care of this.  So glad I am schedule free.  Otherwise, well, we won't go there.  So, now I have some extra parts just in case something else in this area occurs.  I may come to someone else's rescue someday.



This amazing succulent is quit stunning up close and personal.  It is in a barrel with a few other plants, though this one truly stood out.



Last night was my first official night and full day staying in my motor home.  I slept well and woke up at my usual time.  Everything went as anticipated.  Everything works as I had hoped.  I continue to get more organized and finding homes for things.  My time at the beach the past two days was lacking, so I am looking forward to having some beach time tomorrow.  Thankfully, I at least have the ocean air to take in and enjoy.  

I brought my mending projects with me, so I will get started on them soon.  I brought several other projects, as well, so they will also be part of my doings.  I did purchase more yarn before I departed, so that too is available to enjoy.  Have yet to get to the reading I was going to do because I got so caught up in the news about hurricane Sandy and all of the devastation.  All of those victims can us all the love and prayers we can send.  

My friends, who just sold their Motel, are possibly going to close escrow tomorrow on their new residence.  They are so excited to get started with their life change.  At the moment they are stationary though this looks as though it will change soon.  I am so happy for them.  It is amazing to realize I have known them for thirteen years now.  They took me under their wing when I first moved to Morro Bay in 1999.  I stayed at their Motel while I was waiting to move into the rental house.  We have a lot in common and have shared a lot over the years.  They were always so good to my Mom when I brought her to the coast.  Mom always felt safe at the Motel because of their caring ways.  Thanks so much Patty and Stu.  Love you both.

OK, getting tired after all the walking and working of the day.  Pretty certain I will have another great nights sleep.  And wake to see what the day will hold.  Always a surprise.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world - the master calls a butterfly."
-  Richard Bach

Enjoy your surprises!



No comments:

Post a Comment