Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful!

Great Blue Heron in the harbor.

Yesterday was filled with all kinds of interesting and changing things.  While I was walking on the Embarcadero I came across a woman standing on the sidewalk, on her cell phone and crying so hard she could hardly breathe.  I walked past her and then was drawn to go back and offer comfort.  I gently touched and rubbed her back and a clerk in the nearby store came out with a box of tissues.  She accepted the comfort and after about a minute I could feel her start to relax.  And then I felt her energy change.  She looked at me and thanked me, and after a brief exchange, I went on my way, being grateful for the guidance of the Universe, again.  

The day had started out foggy and damp, however, by the time I arrived back at the RV park after my walk, the sun was out in full force.  I searched the sky for clouds or anything else that could possibly alter the spectacular moment.  Clear, sunny and beautiful.  So, I decided to do my laundry.  Once I had everything washed and out on the line, I went back to my motor home to catch up on a few other things and noticed the refrigerator door was about to have an issue.  I took the screw/bolt and walked to the RV supply place to see if they had a replacement.  No such luck.  Apparently I will need to special order the part.  I will also need some other refrigerator information.  

resting pelican

By the time I returned home the weather had changed.  Fog was developing.  As I looked around it was obvious that it was only going to increase.  There was only one thing I could do.  Take the clothes and sheets off the line and use the dryer.  Fortunately they had been on the line long enough that it only took half an hour to finish the deed.  You just never know what will happen around here.  This is kind of fun because planning can be tricky and sometimes completely useless.  


Today is Thanksgiving!  The Macy's Day Parade is thrilling those attending and those watching on TV.  Traffic seems to be a bit heavy with cars, truck and RV's.  And, based on what I saw in the grocery store yesterday, there is probably a lot of cooking and baking going on right now.  The City of Morro Bay provides a free Thanksgiving Day Feast at the Community Center.  Everyone is invited to attend, eat, and enjoy friends and family.  Donations are accepted by the Morro Bay Police Department for the event.  The Police Department also delivers meals to those who are unable to get out for the dinner.  This is their 15th year of bringing the community together to share a meal.  Pretty awesome.


What this day can bring is time to reflect on all that we are aware of in our life that has meaning for us.  Each of us has something to be thankful for.  Even if it is our breath.  And today is providing us this time.


For me, I am thankful that I have the opportunity to do all of the things I choose to do.  I am thankful for all those who I consider friends and those who consider me a friend.  I am thankful for my family even though we are physically apart because of distance.  I am thankful for all those I comfort and those who comfort me.  I am thankful for all of nature that causes me to be humble in its presence.  I am thankful for all of those who give us the arts that touch me so deeply with their creativity and soul.  And music to feed my spirit.  


A Thank You To The Universe

Thank You for the Blessing of This Day!
Thank You for the Blessing of My Now!
Thank You for the Blessing of My Breath!
Thank You for the Blessing of Your Guidance!
Thank You for Increasing My Awareness of Your Guidance!
Thank You for Helping Me have the Courage to Act on Your Guidance!


Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!  Wishing you Love, Hugs and Blessings.

Enjoy your feelings of gratitude!


No comments:

Post a Comment