Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wine!




Some signs simply say it all.  This one is actually a hanging banner.  Notice how the rock is reflected, as well as the photographer, in the picture.  (That rock seems to wiggle its way into most of the pictures I take.)  I have walked past this store almost every day since I have been in Morro Bay (twenty five days) and today was the first morning I noticed this wall hanging.  It might go well with the bottle of wine I received a few weeks ago, though I have no space to display it.  I just thought it was clever.












I captured this sign during the past week.  A cleaver way to remind people to be considerate of others.  





The surf in the bay this morning was very rough.  I was there quite early and there were only a few surfers.  It was a bit windy, similar to yesterday, but a much different kind of surf.  It almost reminded me of when either a storm is coming or leaving with how the water was churning so.  It was very easy to feel the power and energy of the ocean.  


I have been periodically watching the woman in the motor home next to me as she is creating a an oil painting.  I love to watch people work on their paintings as they continue to add colors and shades to develop the desired effects.  They have such a talent which I lack.   (My talents lie elsewhere.)  She has many shades of green going on and soon will be adding the magenta flowers of the bougainvillea bushes which are growing profusely here at the RV park.  For whatever reason, these plants grow so easily here.  And the many colors are stunning.  Some are extremely intense though they all are beautiful.  





"I am forever walking upon these shores,
Betwixt the sand and the foam.
The high tide will erase my foot-prints,
And the wind will blow away the foam.
But the sea and the shore will remain
Forever."
-  taken from
Sand and Sea
by Kahlil Gibran

Enjoy your walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment