Friday, November 16, 2012

Sunsets

Sunset at Morro Rock and Harbor


Last night we had an amazing sunset.  The clouds were perfectly positioned for this always awe inspiring event.  The wind was virtually nil so the water in the harbor was almost as smooth as glass.  I was thrilled that there were all these colors and especially the golden glow on the water.  And, as usual, there is my favorite rock.


Setting Sun at Morro Bay and Rock

I was walking down the street to the Embarcadero and had to catch this bright scene.







Sunset at Morro Rock and Harbor

And another view as the sun continued to set.








Sunset at Morro Rock and Harbor
And it continued to get more intense.  I love the bluish white spots in the sky.  Reminded me of angelic beings watching over all of us.









I was on the docks and piers for at least half of an hour just enjoying the continuing changing visual display.  There was a slight breeze coming off the ocean and I could hear the waves crashing on the other side of the sand spit.


Sunset at Morro Bay Harbor


There were gulls, pelicans and seals all being very active.  It was as though they too were reveling in the beauty of the sky and the reflections on the water.  It was very peaceful and calm and enfolding and somehow very active.


Sunset at Morro Rock

And, again, the mystical bluish white areas in the sky.  This was my final shot before heading back up the hill.  It was almost completely dark when I arrived home.  The temperature had dropped and yet I felt warm and energized from the experience.  I so love this closeness with nature that I feel here.  I feel so alive and connected with everything.  I am very fulfilled.



I have read the following book several times and I am sure I will read it several more times.  

The Four Agreements

by Don Miguel Ruiz

Agreement #1

"Be impeccable with your word!"

"Speak with integrity.  Speak only what you mean.
Avoid using the word to speak against yourself
or to gossip about others.  Use the power of your word
in the direction of truth and love."



Happy Birthday, Claudine!  

Birthday Cake from Google Images





Enjoy the impeccability of your word!

No comments:

Post a Comment