Thursday, October 11, 2012

And It Rained!!!


What a hoot.  Went to breakfast in flip flops, light weight over shirt (and pants) and no umbrella.  And then it rained.  No, it poured.  I waited until it eased some, used a newspaper and made a run for it.  By the afternoon it was beautiful, clear, and warm.  The saying around here is that if you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes and it will change.  Very true. Apparently a lot of things and people are experiencing change right now.  Gotta love it....


Smells seemed more on the agenda yesterday.  There are jasmine flowers blooming in someones front yard, along with the wonderful marine aroma and again, walking past the Brown Butter Cookie Company, the smell of fresh made cookies.  After the rain everything was renewed, clean and fresh.  The air always feels clear too.  

This is all that was left of the rain in the evening sky.  Quite beautiful.

I suspect today is going to be a sound day as I can hear the seals again this morning.  They are sounding very active.  Right now the morning traffic (which is very minimal in this small quaint town) is starting.  It is 6:30 am and it is still almost completely dark.  I can hear the surf pounding intermittently on the beach and the tide is coming in according to the tide book.  











These two succulents are in the landscaping outside the cookie store.  There are so many here and I will attempt to capture the most I can.  They definitely have varieties I have not seen before.  Just amazing.

So, for the past two mornings I have awakened early.  I think this means I have finally caught up on my sleep and I am almost back to being me.  Very happy about this as the past month was overwhelming.  Peace and calm suit me much better.

Today, I am spending the afternoon and evening with good friends I have here.  It is always good to connect with those who hold a special place in my heart.  I only lived here for two and a half years, yet the friends I made during that time remain close.  Very grateful.

It is getting light now and the surf and seals are getting very noisy.  I may just have to go and check it out and see what is going on out there.  So, later!

Enjoy today's smells!

No comments:

Post a Comment