Saturday, October 13, 2012

Times with Friends!!!

Dinner with Megan, breakfast with Patty and lunch with Joyce.  Love it.  So good to see all of them and catch up on all that has been happening in their lives.  I am so grateful to have such wonderful people in my life and they all live in such wonderful places.  Hi to all those I just left in the Foothills of Central California.  Missing you.  So glad to be in daily contact with my Son and Daughter-In-Law.  Very lucky am I.

More succulents.  They are everywhere.


Just looks so happy!


While at the restaurant for lunch yesterday the waitress gave each of us a rose which were on the dining tables.  She said they were going to put new ones out and thought we might like the current ones.  Absolutely!!  It is now taking up residence in my room.





After lunch Joyce and I stopped at the Wampum Trading Post in San Simeon.  This is always a fun place to check out the fetishes and Native American wares.  It seems as though this place has been there forever.  I remember it from the 1970's when I first started visiting this area.

I, of course, found a T shirt I just had to have.  Do understand that I am having to down size my current clothing allowance again, so why I had to have this shirt is a mystery.




From there, we were driving along the Hearst Castle property and were given the gift of the zebra heard on the Hearst Ranch.  They were close to the highway and consisted of about twenty plus animals.  They were hanging out with the grazing cattle and the white egrets.  A rare sighting.  Then we had hawks flying everywhere and sitting on tops of poles.  All in all, it was a rather magical outing.  There just seems to be so much nature happening here and I am certain this is what draws me to the area.  


Just connected with my niece, who is currently in England attending Veterinary school, on a Facebook chat.  First time since she left in mid September.  Said she has a freshers flu (which is what they call it there).  I am getting a course in proper English speak.  Very fun.  Who knows what will show up in this blog!  


Enjoy your courage!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment