Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Warmer!!!

Being able to walk on the beach twice in a day is such a treat.  I stopped by the ice cream shop before walking back to where I am staying.  Definitely a warm and calm afternoon.  I am delayed in checking out the rv park in Morro Bay until Wednesday.  Other things came up.  I anticipate this is going to be a regular occurrence.

Finally located the long awaited papers and documents I have been waiting for from two sources.  I was beginning to think I have been lost to the world.  Which might not be a bad thing.  I also discovered that my voting packet will not be forwarded to me.  Thankfully they are sending another one to where I am.  The Placer County Elections Office was extremely helpful.  How about that!!!  Thanks Denise.

I decided to give you a sneak peak at the "had to have t shirt."


The colors are a bit off in the picture yet the idea comes through loud and clear.  It is too cute and too big, so I will use it as a sleep shirt.  Makes me feel happy.

One of the rooms at this motel is named "For The Birds."  There is a mural on one wall and all of the birds and bird houses are made of wood and attached to the wall.  Very cute.


Also there is a hanging mobile of hand crafted bird houses of various sizes.  And here there is a birdhouse plaque on the bathroom wall.  The shower curtain is too amazing.


The bird headboard with hanging houses on either side is adorable!


This picture didn't come out very well with the light and shadows.

Each room at this motel has a different theme.  It is quite fun to see how these owners have created great and unusual spaces for travelers to enjoy on their journeys.  These are completely out of the norm of the usual motels.  I like it, though I am sure for others the norm works better.  

Walking on the beach this morning was in flip flops, a short sleeved shirt and light weight pants.  I had a sweat shirt on which came off shortly after I started my trek.  This was at 7:30 am.  Even the butterflies were out because it was so warm.  The usual trash was picked up, along with two non matching flip flops.  How does that happen?  Yesterday I found a pair of children's shoes which I put up on the steps to the beach.  They are still there.  The whale skin is still around and a gull was attempting to have breakfast from it.

I am currently holding down the fort at the motel as the owners have some legal business to take care of.  Emmy Lu, the dog, is part of my responsibilities.  She takes a lot of attention.  (She is actually sound asleep on the floor.)  All the fans are on to keep it cooler in the office.  I can't imagine what it must be like to run a motel and have to be available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty five days a year.  Not my cup of tea.  Especially since I am now retired.  No schedule.  Repeat, no schedule.  I am still getting used to this new aspect.  And that is OK by me.

It is amazing to realize I have been here since October 2nd.  Two weeks of retirement.  Wow.  It is difficult to even put into words how this feels.  I will work on this in my spare time (which I have a lot of now).  

The following saying makes me smile:

"Happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open."
- Rose Wilder Lane

Enjoy your happiness!




No comments:

Post a Comment