Monday, October 29, 2012

Fog!

These sweet flowers grow almost everywhere here.
It is always amazing to spend a day at the beach, in the sun, wearing flip flops, and taking pictures of the vegetation in the area, to then wake the next morning to fog.  Drippy, wet, damp, dense fog.  It makes me smile with how quickly the weather changes here.

Speaking of weather, I have been watching the Weather Channel to keep up with the hurricane named Sandy.  Prayers to all of those in harms way.  The predictions are very concerning for a huge area.





So I shall attempt to brighten spirits with pictures of flowers taken yesterday.  The shop owners plant so many colorful varieties of flowers, which is so enjoyable.  










More favorite purple flowers.



I love the curvy walk way with all the flowers.








A great area for the beautiful bird of paradise.





And this amazing succulent is more than three feet tall.

I have yet to take pictures of the very different landscaping creations of the homes here.  Many of them are fun and picturesque.  There is a great variety from casual to very formal.  From minimal color to great expanses of color.  Yard art seems to be prevalent with some owners.  It is fun to walk the streets and enjoy the many aspects of what people enjoy.  

This could be a good day to catch up on some reading.  I usually have several books going at the same time.  Rereading books is also something I do a lot of.  So for now, I am rereading "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior" by Dan Millman and "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz.  I also have started "Think of an Elephant" by Paul Bailey.  It always just depends on how I am feeling as to which book entices me at the moment.  

I will also make the walk to the local post office so I can mail my ballot.  The Placer County office personnel came through by getting my ballot to me here on the central coast.  I am most impressed and grateful. 

A great thing about small communities are their crime events.  The local Bay News reports on the activities in the area and has a page dedicated to the activities of the police and fire departments.  Here are a few of the kinds of things that are happening here:

-  Los Osos:  Some stubborn fool reportedly violated a stay-the-heck-away-from-me order         in the 1700 block of 10th St., at 8:05 p.m.

-  Morro Bay:  Someone reported some sot swaggering around the intersection of Chorro Creek and Quintana Roads at 8:20 p.m.  He or she was hauled to the iron bar hotel to sleep it off.

-  SLO:  A battery was in progress involving juvenile ruffians at 5 p.m. in the 1900 block of Sydney St.  Deputies arrested the scalawags.

-  Avila Beach:  Deputies came across two swizzle sticks swaying up the 200 block of Avila Beach Dr. at 1 p.m. and arrested both of the fizzucked fellows for being faced.

As you can see, the local reading here is quite entertaining.  The paper does not indicate who writes this section, but I love what he or she does.

Hug Someone

"There's something in a simple hug that always warms the heart; 
it welcomes us back home and makes it easier to part."

-  Jill Wolf

Enjoy your reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment