Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Days!

More succulents.

Two days of errands, etc. and back on the beach.  Ahh!

My trip to Paso Robles for a motor home part was successful in that they were able to order the part and it should be in by mid next week.  It would be nice if it arrived before I check into the rv park.  Just have to wait and see.  It does mean doing another drive to Paso Robles to make sure the part fits and works as needed.

The owners of the motel have had a few delays with their sale and future purchase.  They are hoping all will be resolved by next week end.  It fascinates me how all those involved in these transactions can seem helpless with issues that may cause things to flow less than smoothly.  Of course, the amount of paperwork anymore in sales and purchases of real estate is insane.  I sold real estate for four years and quickly found out it was far from the best suit for me.  I am very grateful I took another path.




So, I was standing on the pier while I watched a group of paddle boarders, decked out in Halloween costumes, ready themselves for a race to Morro Bay rock.  This is a five plus mile drive via Hwy 1.  



And the race is on.
The good news is that the ocean is calm, which will make for a much easier journey than when it is rough and choppy.




While walking on the beach this morning, the birds were having breakfast.


Again, few people on the beach.  And apparently there had been a wedding as I found lots of white rose pedals on the sand.  It has been warm enough to walk barefoot on the beach.  Love this.  The whale skin is still around and today, less seaweed on the beach.  Although this may change due to the 7.7 magnitude earthquake in Canada.  What I am hearing is that we will not experience after effects, though many places will.  

Along with all that is occurring on the Eastern Seaboard, it causes one to think that maybe there is a message here from Mother Nature.  Perhaps we need to be more respectful and reverent with our planet.  Instead of poisoning, contaminating and raping our home, join those who understand how to nurture, embrace and love this incredible place.  After all, if this planet shakes and rattles and rolls us off of it, where will we end up?  



Evening view of the moon and cloud sprays with a magnificent cypress tree.  Remember, it will be a full moon on the 29th.  It looks rather small here.  The sunrises and sunsets have been breath taking.  

After my walk I stopped at a local coffee shop and had a blended iced mocha and a garlic bagel with cream cheese.  Odd combination, though yummy.  I chatted with a visitor from the Las Vegas area.  She was the third person from that area that I have talked with over the past several days.  I am certain this is a wonderful respite from the desert. 

 It is funny that when people ask me where I live I am baffled on how to answer them at first.  I have since figured out that if they ask if I live here, I can simply say yes, because my home (motor home) is, in fact,  here.  So, I am a resident of everywhere.  I like this.  There are so many interesting aspects to what I am doing.  And I am continually discovering new ones.  Very fun.  I am becoming accustomed to many new things and truly enjoying them.  I am so glad I am doing this adventure!

"Dare to dream, hope, believe, seek, feel, find, and love."

-  Mike Hull

Enjoy your seek!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment