Friday, October 5, 2012

I have launched!

I am still here!  On the planet, anyway!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012, was my last day in the little house in the orchard.  It was such a sweet place to be for the last eight years. I had breakfast with my landlady that morning and then we walked through the house and said our goodbyes.  She has been so kind these past years and I am happy she is settled in her new home.  The cat is settled in the with awesome neighbors who will now feed and provide comfort and support to him.  I am very grateful for this.

These past several days I have been staying with dear friends in Foresthill while I get myself organized in the motor home.  Getting closer to the organized thing and heading out today.


The past few weeks were completely crazy busy.  So much to do, with amazing friends and family helping me out with everything.  Thanks to all of you and thanks for all the good wishes, prayers and loving thoughts.  While I will miss all of you, know that I will occasionally be through the area.  I am continuing to wait for my license plates and the voting thing is coming up very soon.

I will be heading towards the coast and breathe in the fantastic ocean air.  Definitely need some negative ions.  It has been too long since my last exposure.

Have been following pictures of my niece who is currently in England, enrolled in Vet school.  She looks great and seems as though she is having fun.  Though she says her classes have picked up and she is studying hard.  What a wonderful opportunity and experience.  I am looking forward to her getting settled and comfortable with the lay of the land so I can go visit.

The temperature is finally cooling and it actually feels very fall like.  I am so grateful, since the past few weeks were rather warm.  It ranged from 93 plus degrees to 100's.  So, some clouds and lower temperatures are very welcomed by most of us.  I know a few heat loving souls who are probably a bit down with the change.

Target will probably be on my list of stops today, to gather a few supplies for the home.  Remember the mending on my list?  Well, that is now a future project for a perhaps rainy inside day.  There are other things I was hoping to accomplish before launch, which will be addressed as I am on my travels.  Just about finished with the schedule thing.  This past week was filled with schedules, which truly emphasized the joy of reaching the non schedule phase of my life.  Hoooray!  And so, the Adventure begins.  I have lift off!!!

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life!"  Fredrick S. Pearls

Enjoy this day!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosalie!
    I am so excited for this fabulous adventure to begin for you..I am there in spirit..just wish in body!!
    You are going to have some amazing tales to tell and I can't wait..
    I am so sorry I missed you on Monday..Too crazy of a day!
    I will be following along with your blog..
    You have been a great friend and I will miss you but hopefully you will be swinging by here again soon and I will take you to lunch..
    Enjoy the coast!
    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I was able to see you before I left. The coast is great and everything is good. I'll see you when I am in the area. Love & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete